The Nationwide Group (TNG) is a pioneer in designing and developing outsourced financial services software, exclusively focused on creating comprehensive and customizable solutions for the real estate industry. Utilizing world-class technology, TNG delivers solutions to the entire mortgage life cycle through its affiliated organizations.
TNG benefits from a broad product suite, infrastructure, and industry expertise and has transformed the home purchase, sale, mortgage, and refinance process for consumers, lenders, realtors, and mortgage brokers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install, configure, and maintain MySQL and PostgreSQL database servers.
- Design and implement database schemas, tables, indexes, and other database objects to support business processes.
- Monitor database performance and proactively identify and resolve performance issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues, including database server crashes, connectivity issues, and backup and recovery failures.
- Implement and maintain database security protocols and ensure compliance with security standards.
- Develop and maintain database backup and recovery procedures.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure that database changes and deployments are made efficiently and with minimal impact to production environments.
- Develop and maintain documentation of database configurations, policies, and procedures.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- MySQL and/or PostgreSQL database administration: A strong understanding of database administration, including installation, configuration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, and security.
- Performance monitoring and tuning: Experience with database performance monitoring and tuning tools to proactively identify and resolve performance issues.
- Linux operating systems: Familiarity with Linux operating systems and command line tools, as most MySQL/PostgreSQL installations are done on Linux servers.
- Experience with AWS Aurora and various reporting tools.
- SQL: Strong understanding of SQL and the ability to write complex queries and troubleshoot issues related to database schema design.
- Backup and recovery: Development and maintenance of database backup and recovery procedures to ensure data is protected in case of failure.
- Disaster recovery planning: Development and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and procedures to ensure business continuity in case of a disaster.
- Security: Implementation and maintenance of database security protocols to ensure compliance with security standards and protect against cyber threats.
- Collaboration and communication: The ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment and communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Problem-solving: Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60.00-$75.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON L3R 9Z5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you comfortable working in an onsite setting?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you comfortable commuting to this job's location?
- How many years of work experience do you have with Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
- How many years of work experience do you have with Performance Monitor?
- How many years of work experience do you have with Database Security?
- What do you expect your salary to be?
- How many years of work experience do you have with MySQL?
- How many years of work experience do you have with Linux?
- How many years of work experience do you have with Disaster Recovery?
- How many years of work experience do you have with Data Recovery?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Data Administration: 10 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person