For over 34 years Pacific Coast Community Resources has been empowering people with diverse abilities to live the life they envision in the communities where they live, work and pursue recreational opportunities. Our agency was created from the desire to provide dynamic, relevant programs that provide exceptional person-centered supports and advocacy that enhances people’s lives. Our vision is to support people in building community and we believe diversity makes our community stronger.
PCCR is proud to offer services through all of Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland, Okanagan and Kootenays. We are always hiring people with the right combination of dedication to quality care and passion for making a difference and we look forward to providing the necessary training to develop your skills and passion within your role.
Community Outreach and Inclusion Workers assist individuals to participate in personal, social, vocational and volunteer opportunities within the community. The services are determined by the individual and based on their specific goals and preferences. We encourage and empower supported individuals to be independent, self-determining and to live the life they envision while ensuring excellent standards of care, health and safety are maintained.
- Ensure the individual’s rights and choices are respected and advocate as needed
- Proven ability to interact effectively with persons served
- Coordinate, implement and facilitate the individual’s participation in community based social, vocational and volunteer activities
- Empower individuals to be full citizens of their community
- Foster positive relationships with family members, colleagues, professionals and members of the community
- Participate in the development, implementation and documentation of Individual Service Plans
- Comfortable with supporting persons with their life skills in a home setting
What you bring
- Grade 12 education
- Community Support Worker Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in community social services/health care
- Current Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate and TB Test
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal & written) with team members, professionals, families, and community members
- Non-verbal communication skills
- Experience with behaviour management principles and strategies including mental health needs and FASD
- Valid BC Driver’s License, Driver’s Abstract & reliable vehicle with $2,000,000 third party liability insurance
- Current Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults
- Experience with Personal Care, Lift & Transfer Training, Medication Training, Following Health Care/ Nutritional Tube Feeding/ Flush Plans
What we offer
- On-the-job training: MANDT, JOHS, Diversity and Inclusion, Medication Safety, Confidentiality and Privacy, Trauma-Informed Practice, First Aid and CPR re-certification
- Community involvement
- An inclusive, supportive work environment
- Competitive Salary $25.05 per hour
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits package
- Career development opportunities
We believe that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make services better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Our goal is to ensure at every interaction all are welcome, comfortable, and safe.
At Pacific Coast Community Resources, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
To join a growing and dynamic team, apply today!
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: From $25.05 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- social services or community services: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Driver's Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person