Work from home as part of an established company making a real difference with ethically, locally and sustainably produced mushrooms.
Our mushrooms are already available across Calgary and Edmonton. We're hiring to match our growth so we can get in even more stores!
We have a successful and well-defined sales process that is already established. All you need are excellent communication and relationship management skills and a willingness to work with a great team.
We use precision agriculture technology to make high quality nutrition that is better for you, better for the environment and produced closer to home.
There is a growing wave of interest in mushrooms for their many health benefits as well as their ability to serve as a side or a main dish.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn about every aspect of the business and grow your role as you help us expand into new markets and develop new types of products.
Wiseats Foods is an agri-food venture that grows semi-exotic and exotic mushrooms for the culinary and nutraceutical industries. We grow an expanding variety of oyster species as well as Lion’s Mane on wood pulp from our established farm outside Calgary, Alberta.
The Wiseats teams is seeking an ambitious sales and marketing associate, with a demonstrated interest in food and/or mushrooms who can learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
While this role will focus on sales and marketing, there must also be a willingness to assist with the company’s mushroom operations as needed. This position will based in Calgary or Edmonton, with trips to support each of our markets as we develop them.
The successful candidate will be positive and reliable member of our team. They will take pride in professionalism, continuous improvement and their ability to work independently.
The full-time position will report to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful candidate will undertake the following responsibilities and duties:
- Research and generate lists of potential customers
- Provideinput on customer briefs, presentations, and sales literature
- Help develop client relationships and retain existing accounts
- Learn and apply sales techniques
- Maintain sales records
- Be able to work with CRM and other types of software to stay organized and ensure information is up to date
- Support marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Write copy for social media posts, promotional emails, and other marketing collateral.
- Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for marketing channels.
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions.
- Measure and report the results of marketing initiatives.
- Work with operations teams to ensure coordination on the availability, packaging and delivery of product.
- Coordinate samples creating and delivery with local operations teams.
- Support long-term planning for product supply to support sales efforts.
- CorporateParticipate in corporate planning and development sessions.
- OtherComplete other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications and skills:
- College diploma or undergraduate degree in business or agri-business, with a focus on marketing, is preferred.
- Experience with mushrooms, hydroponics, greenhouse, agriculture operations or food distribution/service would be an advantage.
- Outgoing nature and track-record in sales and marketing.
- Experience with social media for marketing and awareness building.
- Artistic propensity, with experience in graphic design and/or photography.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- The Sales and Marketing Associate position will be compensated on a competitive salary basis commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
The cover letter should explain how you meet the qualifications for the position and your interest in growing this agri-food venture.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 10-40 per week
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Why are you interested in this position, and why do you think you have the right skills and motivation?
- Are you able to deliver samples and visit future and existing customers in Calgary or Edmonton?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB