KFN Health is looking for an experienced RN to join our new multidisciplinary team. The team provides a comprehensive range of services working within the context of a culturally safe and appropriate, holistic, client-centric focus. Services are offered in person in the community of Squirrel Cove, on Cortes Island.
Nursing will be supporting Public Health tasks, Community Nursing and Chronic Disease Management. Direct client care and Care coordination.
Reporting to the Health Manager or Delegate, working as a member of a multidisciplinary team, the RN provides:
Public Health tasks:
- Immunization of children and adults. Reports in Panorama
- Seasonal and other vaccinations as per PH and FNHA guidance. Reports in Panorama
- Clinical assessments, educations, and support during perinatal, postpartum
- Support with newborn visits
- Provides child, youth and family assessments, consultations and service coordination.
- Promote breastfeeding and infant feeding support and education.
Performs nursing procedures, conducts home visits and completes assessments and participates in developing a Care Plan. Supports and directs Community Health Workers. Collaborates, consults, and liaises with the multidisciplinary team of health care professionals.
The RN operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwifes and according to KFN Health operating policies, standards, and protocols.
The Health team provides culturally sensitive care and services and takes direction from the Nation’s Elders and elected leaders.
Case Management may be offered as per current client’s needs and Care Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the delivery of quality care in accordance with the established procedures, process, and guidelines of KFN Health.
- Coordinates Home Support service and liaises with different services and programs and support client goals. Review Client needs, service goals and provides relevant client education.
- Performs nursing care procedures and evaluates outcomes. Administers medication to assigned clients in accordance with specific protocols.
- Promotes and facilitates client’s independence.
- Assists with effective [planning for Home Support Services by monitoring the scheduling of work assignments for designated staff, identifying and reporting utilization issues.
- Supports, mentors, coaches, and directs Community Health Workers within scope of practice. Provides input to the evaluation of Community Health Workers and contributes to the performance reviews of Community Health workers as required.
- Conducts home visits to ensure that services are provided in a safe and effective manner and in accordance to Care Plans
- Promotes adherence to safe practices, procedures, and compliance of Work Safe BC regulation. Ensures a safe and healthy working environment by observing and promoting precautions and infection control.
- Maintains pertinent client records, charts, reports and documentation as required.
- Ability to support with on-call supports.
- Performs other related duties as required/delegated.
Education, Training and Experience
To join our team, you will have:
- Current Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant
- Basic Life Support Level C
- Min 2 years relevant experience
- Valid BC driving license and use of personal vehicle. Must have appropriate ICBC Insurance coverage.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and competencies as per full scope of practice currently required by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability for good observation and patient/client assessment skills.
- Experience supporting First Nation communities.
- Experience in different team modalities
- Experience in different EMR systems.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including computer and variety of MS Windows based software.
Housing options may be available.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Health Manager, KFN
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person