Job Location: Almonte and Carleton Place, Ontario
The Community Support Worker is responsible for the provision of support services to seniors living in the community. Such duties are performed in accordance with Carebridge’s Mission, established policies, procedures and current legislation and in a manner which respects the uniqueness, dignity, worth, self-respect, self-determination and autonomy of the individuals and promotes maximum independence through person centered practices.
DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR DUTIES
Provides clients with individualized personal supports with activities of daily living by:
- Consistently reviewing client care plans, CIMS, email and any other form of communication on each shift to stay abreast of any updates or changes.
- Providing one on one care to clients as outlined in their care plan including but not limited to:
o Providing personal care,
o Meal preparation,
o Helping with light household tasks,
o Assisting with the clients social and emotional needs,
o Assisting/Reminding with medication as required.
- Documenting and recording daily care reports which may include incident reports, restraint monitoring, and medication administration.
- Reporting to the Team Leader any emergency as soon as possible.
- Maintaining professional relationships.
Administers resident care by:
- Reporting clearly and concisely in all areas required, i.e. data base, CIMS, emails, reports.
- Functioning as a member of the team by being receptive to constructive criticism and new ideas in discussions with fellow workers and all associated personnel.
- Carrying out all programs and procedures under the direction of the Team Leader/Care Coordinator.
- Keeping abreast of trends in the field of seniors’ services and keeping informed on client’s needs.
- Attending meetings and information sessions as well as all mandatory training required.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- Being familiar with the health and safety program.
- Working in a safe and healthy manner using the measures and procedures, and protective devices required.
- Actively participating in the identification of workplace hazards with the aim of continuously improving the work environment.
- Immediately reporting any accident and injury to your immediate supervisor (or designate).
- Reporting any hazards, hazardous conditions or other concerns related to the health and safety of any person in the workplace to your immediate supervisor or designated person in charge.
Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Certificate from an accredited Personal Support Worker Program.
· 1-2 years’ experience providing care to seniors including feeding, dressing, transferring, incontinence care, medication reminders, meal prep, light housekeeping and companionship.
· Certification in First Aid, CPR, and CPI (Level C).
· Valid G driver’s license, Possession of a vehicle for work and appropriate insurance.
· Ability to function as a member of a team and independently.
· Crisis management skills – medical emergency, on call overnight.
· Experience working with people in a complex, demanding environment.
· Strong oral and written communication and active listening skills.
· Ability to solve problems, resolve conflicts and make decisions with a high level of professionalism.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
· Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and proof of insurance
· A Clear Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector within the last 6 months is required
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: $21.35-$22.20 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have access to a vehicle for work purposes?
- Class G Licence (required)
Work Location: In person