Position Title: Registered Nurse
Position Status: Part Time
Posting No.: 23-179
Posting Date: September 7, 2023
Closing Date: September 14, 2023
About the Position
Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home is seeking a Part Time Registered Nurse who is committed to providing optimal resident care and is dedicated to the NHNH Mission by enriching lives with dignity, care and compassion.
The Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home is an 80 bed, publicly owned, non-profit facility opened in 1975. A member of the OANHSS, NHNH is fully accredited by Accreditation Canada and operated under the direction of a 10 member community Board of Trustees.
The Mission of the Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home is to enrich lives with dignity, care and compassion.
Values that guide us:
Our areas of focus will be to provide care throughout the life span of the residents we serve including physical, cultural, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
- Current certificate of competence for a Registered Nurse in the Province of Ontario
- Demonstrated recent experience in geriatric nursing; Palliative care
- Current BCLS certification
- Experience with electronic documentation
- Wound Care Certification will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated commitment and knowledge of the Residents Bill of Rights and The Long Term Care
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility and accountability for charge nurse and team leader duties as requested by Director of Nursing
- Personal motivation in keeping informed of current trends in nursing practice and geriatric care
- Commitment to customer service and continuing education
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing environment and workload
- Ability to work effectively with other members of the health care team
- Demonstrates a caring and positive attitude toward residents and families
- Excellent Attendance record
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a high standard of nursing care on both nursing units
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, Goals & Objectives of the Nursing Home
- Maintains knowledge of Compendium of Standards from the College of Nurses of Ontario and the
Long Term Care Homes Act.
- Maintains current knowledge of LTC health issues and trends
- Utilizes policies and procedures of the Nursing department and the Nursing Home
- Ensures a safe and caring environment for residents and their families
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the nursing home in the absence of the Management team
- Aware of needs of the residents and families. General knowledge of residents’ condition on both floors of the nursing home
Hours of Work: Must be available a variety of shifts
In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, Norfolk General
Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request.
Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home thanks all applicants for their interest.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: $37.93-$54.37 per hour
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Simcoe, ON N3Y 1T7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: In person