We are looking to hire a full time delivery driver to support roofing and siding projects around Edmonton and area to help our team deliver projects on time and budget. The successful candidate needs to be highly organized and someone who enjoys a fast paced working environment.
- Operate and drive truck to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Receive and relay information to roofing and siding project managers
- Pickup materials from various suppliers and deliver to sites
- Transport and handle construction materials up to 80 lbs per box
- Pickup left over materials from construction sites as needed
- Use maps and other trip planning aids to efficiently deliver materials as needed
- Record trip information for addresses attended and type of materials dropped/picked on sites.
- Completes weekly vehicle inspection forms
- Keeps vehicle clean inside and out from any garbage or debris
- Notifies the office of any irregular maintenance required
- Physical ability to lift up to 80 lb.
- Travel to Edmonton and surrounding area in Company Truck
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade; loading and unloading materials.
- Work in all types of weather conditions
- Will be exposed to various construction sites.
- Construction Experience (Preferred)
- Clean Class 5 Drivers License
- Customer Service Focused
- Enjoys Logistics & Operations
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Hours: 40 hours per week, Overtime as needed
We thank all applicants for their interest in Great Canadian, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T6E 0C9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-06