HOMEOWNER CARE MANAGER
Come join one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers located in the Okanagan!
More than just a job…this could be a unique career opportunity for the right person. Are you looking for a role where you can bring together your experience in construction with your exceptional customer service skills? Do you want to be instrumental in creating a best-in-class experience for our homeowners? If so, we think our Homeowner Care Manager role could be a great fit for you, and potentially the start of a very rewarding career with long-term growth potential both professionally and financially.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Homeowner Care Manager is responsible for delivering an exceptional level of service to our homeowners while ensuring the delivery of a quality product and the completion of any repairs and maintenance required under our homeowner care and warranty program. The successful candidate plays an integral role in upholding the company’s culture, brand and values to both internal and external stakeholders. If this is you, we know you always keep positive customer experiences top of mind.
What You’ll Do:
- Inspect new homes and common areas to identify deficiencies and ensure corrective actions completed prior to homeowner possession date
- Oversee homeowner orientations including walkthroughs, demonstration of home equipment and systems, education about the company’s homeowner care program
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with homeowners, team members, stratas, trades, suppliers, etc.
- Ensure homeowner warranty claims are dealt with in a timely manner before, during and after the warranty period
- Hands on experience with common warranty fixes
- Ensure effective scheduling of resources to manage changing service volumes
- Manage conflict using the appropriate level of tact and sensitivity to maintain positive relationships
- Support team members in performing at optimal levels
- Ensure accurate records, documentation and reporting needs are adhered to
- Additional responsibilities and duties as required
What You’ll Have:
- At least 5 years of experience working in construction, facilities or property management
- Post-secondary education or certification in an area relevant to the role is considered an asset
- Proven skills in providing excellent customer service
- Comprehensive understanding of multi-family buildings, equipment and systems, as well as standard 2-5-10 year new home warranty provisions
- Excellent organizational, time management, and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact positively with everyone
- Good computer skills and experience using MS Office
- Knowledge of construction safety protocols
- WHMIS and First Aid certification (or willing to obtain)
What We Offer:
- Competitive base pay and annual bonus program
- Generous vacation and volunteering plans
- Personal and professional development
- Dental care and extended health care
- Annual health spending account
- Paid sick-time
- RRSP matching plan
- Company teambuilding events
Mission Group is an award-winning employer in the Okanagan. We’ve been proudly building spaces for people to flourish since 2002. We develop, build, market, sell, lease and manage residential, commercial and industrial properties. But it’s the people that we care most about – whether it’s our team members, our customers, or our community stakeholders. We build it forward for them.
- Build it Right
- Build it Better
- Build it Together
- Build it with Joy
HOW TO APPLY
We’re not looking for perfection. We’re looking for potential. If you meet most of the role requirements, we encourage you to apply. We will help the right person develop in the role and their career.
Try a new path. See where it can take you.