Traffic Control Supervisor
Ballina Contracting is a civil construction company based in British Columbia.
As part of the Emil Anderson Group, we are a family-owned and people focused company who strives to train and develop the best leaders in our industry. We provide a culture of learning, open communication, professionalism, respect and accountability.
We are seeking a Traffic Control Supervisor to join our team. We are seeking someone who is safety-conscious, an effective communicator, and is familiar with current WorkSafeBC regulations and traffic control requirements.
Must hold a valid TCP Certificate in British Columbia
- Must have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a clean driving abstract
- Must have 2-3 years of experience as a traffic control supervisor
- Ability to routinely lift 50 lbs and work outdoors for extended periods under varying weather conditions
- Experience working on highways and Ministry of Transportation projects is an asset
Responsibilities & Requirements:
Supervise a diverse team of individuals, performing a wide variety of tasks in the traffic control sector
- Establish and maintain crew schedules
- Ensure the safe implementation of site wide Traffic Management Plans
- Perform site audits to ensure compliance with TMP’s and WorkSafeBC regulations
- Ensure all required paperwork is completed daily
- Setup, maintain, and inspect traffic control equipment, in accordance with the traffic management plan
- Committed to a safe and healthy work environment, with a zero-injury culture.
- Effectively work with the traveling public and represent the company in a respectful light
Job Specific Details:
Out of town work
- Will follow either a 10/3 or 6/1 shift pattern
- LOA & Accommodations will be provided
- Compensation commensurate on experience
- Full-time, Permanent
The wage range for this position will be discussed during the interview stage, taking into consideration candidate qualifications and experience.
Emil Anderson Group is an equal opportunity employer, in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, promotions, and benefits. We base such decisions solely on job-related qualifications, skills, and abilities without regard to race, nationality, ethnicity, color, gender, political affiliation, religion/belief system, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, age, diverse ability, or any other characteristic.
Ballina Contracting thanks all applicants for their interest in the position, however only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.