We are looking for a Class 1 Professional Line Haul Driver for our Medicine Hat Route.
This Route will have a variance based on Volume-
- 10 - 12 hour PM shifts available 7:00pm start time.
- $20/ Per Hour pre and post trip
- 33-35cpk *LCV, Certification, and Safety qualifications will determine rate*
- Average 900kms *Weather dependent*
- Modern fleet, and facilities !
- Comprehensive Benefit & Employee Assistant Plan !
- 100% Employer Paid RSP Plan! *after one year*
- Boot Allowance !
- Paid orientation & Training!
- Driver Safety Incentive - PAID ON EVERY CHEQUE!
- Year round consistent work!
- Lots of opportunities for career advancement!
Successful Candidate must have valid Class #1, current abstract (4 demerits or less)
- Operate tractor – trailer trucks to transport general freight,
- Perform routine pre-trip and post-trip inspections as per Schedule 1 for NSC -
- Perform emergency, minor and preventative maintenance repairs. Report damage to maintenance department.
- Comply with National Safety Code and Provincial Highway / Traffic regulations
- Comply with Transportation of Dangerous Goods Clear Language regulations
- Comply with highway weigh scale procedures as directed by transportation officials
- Observe all company rules, policies and procedures with regards to quality control, Occupational Health and Safety, etc.
- Operate PDA’s and cell phones for communication with dispatch, complying with applicable laws for communication devices.
- Meet schedules and deadlines and drive in all weather, traffic and road conditions
- Check and adjust load securement as required.
- Keep accurate drivers’ logs as required to document mileage, hours and material hauled
- PPE clothing, masks, glasses or visors
- Vehicle cleanliness
- Advise dispatch of all incidents and injuries immediately.
- Perform sundry duties as assigned by the Terminal Manager, dispatch or superior.
*ONLY Candidates meeting our minimum criteria will be considered for this role:
- Current class #1,
- Willing to work NIGHTS
- Current abstract (with 4 demerits or less)
- Minimum of 2 years professional driving experience
This is a safety sensitive position requiring mandatory pre-employment D&A testing and Clean Criminal Record Search.
*Preference for local candidates only, as there is no relocation assistance provided for this role. This role does not qualify for an LMO under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
All Employees are required to comply with all company and regulatory safety requirements. Each employee is responsible for their personal safety.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$118,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have 4 or less demerits on your abstract?
- Positions are safety sensitive and as such are subject to preemployment D&A screening along with a Criminal Record search - Is there any reason why either of those would be of concern for you?
- Are you willing to obtain your LCV Certification (at no cost to you)* This will be a requirement to continue in the position long-term*
- Class 1 professional Driving: 2 years (required)
- Class 1 Licence (required)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: On the road