Built on the site of the historic Alberta Boot Company in the vibrant Beltline District, our downtown hotel pays homage to its cowboy roots through modern design and artwork. As one of the largest Residence Inn hotels in the world, we have 390 long-stay suites and cater to business and family leisure travellers looking for an extended-stay hotel as well as to groups and meeting attendees with a 10,000 sq. ft. Conference Centre. From our top-notch culinary team creating the most delicious dishes to our food and beverage team providing the best experiences in our comfortable and fun outlets, our hotel is not just the best place to stay, it is the best place to work! With close proximity to the CTrain, great benefits and amazing people, there are so many reasons to join our team!
Reporting to the Head Chef, the Cook is responsible for the preparation of food according to all food safety and Atlific and Marriott standards.
· Ensure compliance to all Commitment to Clean initiatives and other safety practices related to the pandemic at all times to ensure the health and safety of all who enter into the hotel, including guests, co-workers and self.
· Set up morning breakfast buffet and ensure all daily functions are tended to in a timely manner.
· Set up meeting break area with lunches, coffee or light snacks according to Banquet Orders.
· Prepare all the food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
· Follow recipes, controls, portion and presentation specifications as set by the hotel.
· Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set ups for all dishes.
· Track and report any food waste.
· Prepare specific or modified dishes for guests with food allergies or intolerances.
· Receive food items daily and store in proper order as well as follow proper procedures to ensure minimal food waste and maximum freshness.
· Work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to develop team spirit and to achieve standards of work and guest care as required by hotel policy.
· Follow the “clean as you go” policy at all times to maintain a clean, sanitary environment.
· Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the Executive Committee; complete safety training and certifications. Provide support per the Emergency Response Plan as needed.
· Maintain a professional image at all times.
· Project enthusiastic, optimistic, helpful attitude.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10-30 pounds without assistance.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by senior managers.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE:
· 2-3 years culinary experience in similar sized hotel or relative food establishment.
· Post-secondary education from a reputable culinary program a definite asset.
· Provincial seal in cooking or equivalent from another province or country a definite asset.
· Ability to work in all kitchen areas.
· Experience and knowledge regarding knife handling and various other cooking equipment.
· Must be a team player.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Food Safety Certification required.
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow you to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
· Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance.
· Must be flexible to assist/support as needed on various shifts, including weekends & public holidays.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
REASONS TO APPLY
o An exceptional work environment
o Competitive compensation
o Accommodation discount with Atlific Hotels as well as the Marriott Explore & Bonvoy Programs
o Medical, Dental and other health benefits for full-time positions
o Uniforms provided
o Recognition & Incentive Programs
o Annual events
o The opportunity to give back through Marriott’s SERVE360 program
Thank you for your interest in Atlific Hotels, however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
ATLIFIC HOTELS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
Job Type: Full-time
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person