Our Medical Laboratory Opportunity
Imagine a supportive employer, a career that allows you to follow your passion, and the endless learning opportunities you will receive. To do what you're good at and be a part of something extraordinary. At West Haldimand General Hospital (WHGH), you can experience all of that and more.
We are currently looking for MLTs, like you, to join our Laboratory team and gain valuable health care experience for your future. Our core lab provides testing in hematology, chemistry, urinalysis and transfusion medicine to support the Hospital’s inpatient service, emergency department and perioperative services. Our laboratory is equipped with the latest in technology and we have a very close working relationship with the clinical areas in the hospital. You will be given the opportunity to become an integral part of our small team where you truly make a difference in the patient experience.
WHGH is just a short 30 minute drive away from Simcoe, Brantford and Hamilton. Come join our friendly and experienced team today!
1. Responsible for phlebotomy collections from the ED and Inpatient departments.
2. Performs tests and evaluations on samples, controls and initiates appropriate action when required in a core lab environment. (Hematology, Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine)
3. Responsible for performing regular maintenance on all equipment.
4. Performs duties to maximize organizational and departmental performance.
5. Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures and IQMH accreditation standards.
6. Adheres to all health and safety policies, procedures and provisions and the recognition and reporting of unsafe hazards and work practices.
7. Maintains a safe and clean working environment by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies, protocols and procedures.
8. Ability to prioritize work and respond to urgent demands for STAT testing.
9. Consults with peers when appropriate related to abnormal results, panic results or other concerns.
10. Follows CMLTO code of professional conduct.
11. Participates in the departments Quality Assurance program and accreditation compliance plans.
12. Maintains professional and technical knowledge through ongoing education.
13. Maintains the confidentiality of all personal health information.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate from a recognized Medical Laboratory Program
2. Current CMLTO Registration.
3. Minimum 2 years of experience working in a core laboratory environment.
4. Comfortable working alone and able to work shifts.
5. Self-starter who has the ability to work well with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced medical setting. Highly developed organization skills and the ability to multitask
6. Ability to work effectively alone or with all team members, including co-workers, physicians and other health care team members.
7. Demonstrates excellent customer relation skills.
8. Experience with a laboratory information system to include accurate and efficient data entry skills. Other computer experience, i.e. Microsoft Office an asset
9. Excellent attendance record.
Position requires repetitive motion, lifting, pulling, pushing and standing for extended periods.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: $34.20-$45.85 per hour
- CMLTO Registration (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-06
Expected start date: 2023-10-05