HelloFinance Inc. is a tech-savvy cloud accounting service company. We provide our clients with remote accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, virtual controller, and other administrative/accounting services.
We seek a person to join our current team as a subcontractor. The position is remote, but the successful candidate must be based in Canada, with preference given to Ontario.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- An Accounting Diploma or relevant combination of education and work experience.
- 3+ years of bookkeeping work experience
- Be a member of CPB, and either have your CPB designation or be working towards your CPB designation
- Knowledge of Xero and Quickbooks Online (QBO) is Mandatory. QuickBooks Desktop is a bonus.
- Xero and Quickbooks certifications are a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills in email, on the phone or via video call
- Moderate to High technology skills - comfortable using mobile apps, online software and video conferencing. Willingness to learn and adapt to new software.
- A positive, exciting, go-getter personality - we like to have fun.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Post supplier bills and expense receipts from electronic records using Dext and Hubdoc
- Review Xero and QBO banking feeds and match transactions to bank payments and deposits
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations
- Communicate with clients about missing information or questions
- Assist in preparing HST/Sales tax and other remittances
- Other ad hoc tasks
If you are interested in joining our team as a Bookkeeper, please forward your resume, in PDF format, and cover letter describing why you would be a good fit for this position and why you want to work with us.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Xero: 1 year (required)
- QBO: 2 years (required)
- bookkeeping: 3 years (required)
- QuickBooks Desktop: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote