Branch Manager: Pro-Line Construction Materials Ltd.
Pro-Line Construction Materials Ltd. is a proud supplier of insulation, roofing, water proofing and wall systems in both the commercial and residential markets. We have grown steadily over the past two decades because of our competitive pricing, superior customer service and lasting partnerships with our customers and vendors.
We are currently looking for a Branch Manager for our Surrey, BC location. This individual will drive our vision, mission and philosophy to all levels of the organization through collaboration, a positive, team approach, and coaching to inspire and draw out the best in every team member
The Branch Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the overall management, training, and profitability of the Branch within the Pro-Line Construction Materials Ltd. organization.
Specific duties include:
- Review and analyze branch financial information, and implement action plans to maximize branch profitability
- Manage and supervise branch employees; and is responsible for day-to-day branch leadership
- Recruiting, vetting, interviewing, and hiring new employees
- Assisting with customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Marketing the branch within the community to attract business
- Becoming knowledgeable of the Company policies and systems
- Assists in the preparation of financial forecasts/budgets, and analysis of variances
- Ensuring that branch follows corporate procedures relating to operations and finance
- Plans branch activity according to fiscal needs
- Oversee branch sales processing and ensure that all inventory receiving is completed in a timely manner, especially at month end
- Growing the branch’s number of cash and charge accounts
- Communicate to department associates all policies including Health & Safety program information as directed by the Health and Safety Officer and Head Office
- Direct all operational aspects including delivery and warehouse operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales
- Conduct branch meetings on a timely basis to communicate policies and business developments to associates aspects including delivery and warehouse operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales
- Conduct branch meetings on a timely basis to communicate policies and business dev
- Review financial objectives and develop and execute branch business plans
- Assist in establishing branch goals and metrics, and be accountable for branch results
- Impact branch’s personnel performance by providing training, coaching, personal development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and head office on effective business practices, competitive intelligence and business opportunities
- Promptly address customer and employee satisfaction issues
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Supervise and discipline associates in accordance with Pro-Line policies.
- Review price quotes for special orders products in accordance with Pro-Line guidelines
- Liaison with supplier representatives for in-store demonstrations, specials, and product knowledge training
- Oversee fleet and product delivery to customers
- Ensure that fleet maintenance is conducted as per the Company fleet program
- Prepare ad-hoc reports on branch activities as requested by the General Manager
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager
- Competitive salary and compensation program
- Comprehensive extended Health and Dental benefits - after 3 months
- MSP Coverage - after 3 months
- RRSP Matching – after six months
- Additional Training and Education support
- Automobile benefits
- University or College degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- 5+ Years’ Management experience.
- Combination of relevant training courses in related fields and relevant experience may be acceptable in lieu of the academic requirements.
- Proven job-related success in a Branch Manager capacity or similar role.
- Previous experience in construction or roofing would be an asset
- Proven leadership skills
- Innovative team player who can motivate and lead their team
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Well-developed negotiation, project and account management skills
- Exceptional time management skills
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- retail management: 1 year (preferred)