PrairieCoast equipment is a top performing John Deere dealership with 11 locations throughout Northern Alberta and British Columbia.
Our employees are the backbone to our success and our most important resource. A significant portion of PrairieCoast equipment is owned by employees and we offer a RRSP and TFSA eligible Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies™ each year since 2013
- One of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers™ 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Recognition by John Deere as a top performing dealer in North America
- A generous additive for field hours
- An opportunity for overtime
- A competitive compensation package with performance-based bonuses
- An industry leading Apprenticeship program with wage top-up and full tuition coverage
- Extended health benefits including prescription, dental and vision coverage, visits to paramedical professionals, and life, disability, critical illness, and travel insurance
- A referral bonus program
- Annual sick pay allowance
- Annual boot allowance
- Annual tool matching allowance
- Employee discounts
- Employee assistance plan
- Peer recognition program
- Strong focus on training and leadership development
- Company contests and team building events
- The opportunity to interact with leaders of the company
As an Agriculture Service Technician, you will:
Perform basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment, and PDI of new units. This position will be given direction or guidance from the Service Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-3 years of experience performing service repairs
- Level 2 Apprentice to Journeyman
- Ag ticket is a major asset.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of heavy duty and / or agricultural equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver’s license with reasonable abstract is required
- Forklift license preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fairview, AB T0H 1L0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of experience do you have performing service repairs?
- What is your expected wage for this position?
Work Location: In person