Children and Youth Care Worker - #2023-030
Location: Vanderhoof & Fraser Lake, BC
Hours of Work: 28 hours per week; 4 days per week 8:30am - 4:30pm with some evening and weekend work as required.
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $26.74 – 30.69/hour as per CSSEA & CSSBA Collective Agreement (Grid Level 11)
Connexus is seeking an individual with the desire to make a difference in the lives of children and youth. The successful candidate will work as part of a larger team and independently to provide groups and 1-1 services with children and youth, up to the age of 18. Supports will include life skills, regulation skills, social opportunities. If you feel that you have the qualifications, skills set and desire to make a difference in a child’s life, we look forward to hearing from you.
The children and youth in the program could present with the following: mental health concerns, behavioural concerns. The Child and Youth Care Worker will provide short term, intensive and outcome-focused interventions/services that promote growth and improve life and social skills functioning.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Diploma in Child & Youth Care/Human Services or related field.
- One-year recent related experience, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Courses and/or working knowledge of common childhood disorders (Autism, FASD, ADHD) and effective treatment methods an asset for work with child/youth clients or willing to work towards these professional development requirements.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural differences, differences in socio-economic status and lifestyle diversity. Must be non-judgmental.
- Knowledge of relevant socio-historical events relevant to Indigenous culture.
- Intermediate Computer Skills (moderate understanding of operating systems, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, databases).
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license & satisfactory drivers abstract
- Criminal Record Check clearance
- This position requires union membership
Our Commitment to You:
We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive at Connexus. As a Connexus Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel.
- Benefits for full-time: Extended Health, Dental, Pension Plan, Paid Sick Days, LTD, Vacation 3 weeks + more
- Connexus is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $26.74-$30.69 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Are you a Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Vanderhoof, BC for this job? (Deal breaker)
- Children & Youth: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person