Harrison Hot Springs Resort is currently recruiting for the position of Lakeside Cafe Server.
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
Serve meals to guests quickly and efficiently, representing the resort standard of quality by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports for work at scheduled time, well groomed, neatly dressed wearing uniform and name badge.
- Signs in as required.
- Checks floor plan for station assignment.
- Inspects the table settings for spots and stains.
- Checks glasses.
- Checks salt and peppershakers.
- Familiarizes him/herself with wine and dinner menus and be prepared to discuss both in detail with guests.
- Ensures that serving station is fully stocked with extra settings, plates, napkins, wing glasses, coffee cups, toothpicks and water.
- Ensures ice buckets are full and properly located.
- Attends to all guests promptly and courteously. Greet and seat guests in the host’s absence.
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Takes cocktail order promptly when required.
- Describe and explain the chef's special and soup of the day. Familiarizes self with fresh sheet.
- Asks whether guests have any questions concerning the menu.
- Takes guests order and ensures it has been properly understood.
- Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Places extra silverware with guest setting as required.
- Takes the wine order and carries wine to the table in a napkin.
- Serves the meals to the guests, and checks to ensure all is in order.
- Suggests coffee, liqueurs and dessert and serves as the guests order.
- Observe diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Totals bill and accepts payment.
- Ensures workstation is fully stocked and cleaned before and after your shift.
- Signs out and cash out as trained to do by the supervisor.
- Some stress resulting from daily guest interactions (internal and external), budgetary, and time constraints.
- Other job related duties may be assigned as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Restaurant serving experience - a minimum of 1 year.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Serving it Right Certificate.
- Food Safe Certificate.
- Able to use touch screen POS system (preferably Micros).
- Ability to up-sell and suggestive sell.
- Wine knowledge and service is preferred.
- Outstanding cash handling skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Being multi-lingual is an asset.
- Able and willing to do possible split shifts.
- Flexible to a changing schedule.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.27 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Fine Dining Serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe (preferred)
- Drivers Licence (preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (required)
- Canadian work permit or legal right to work in Canada (required)
Work Location: In person