Job Title: Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Department: Member Experience
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: 21,45$ per hour/ comprehensive benefits/ bonus
Starting date : Classes starting: September 11th 2023 and October 16th 2023
Referral Bonus Eligible Amount: $1000
The opportunity before you
We are hiring monthly classes in August, September and October – let us know when you’d like to start!
We are looking for Customer Service Representatives who are critical thinkers, who want to help our members on a daily basis, who have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and who are enthusiastic about acting as our company's first point of contact. Our award-winning company culture, caring managers, training and unparalleled support are all ways to ensure your success.
Here's what we offer:
Our team's star employees:
- No weekends or overnights – your shift will end at 8pm!
- We offer a variety of work options: Remote, Onsite or a combination of Hybrid – let us know what works for you!
- A stable schedule, established according to shifts from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8p.m.;
- A comprehensive health and dental plan, fully paid by the employer, in effect one month after your first day on the job;
- A comprehensive virtual training program that prepares you for work and call taking;
- Opportunities for career advancement and development;
- Work-life balance, wellness benefits, health resources and discounts for select fitness centres;
- A great work environment, exceptional colleagues and supportive leaders to help you succeed!
Skills needed to succeed:
- Answer questions about health benefits and plan eligibility, payment inquiries and other general questions;
- Quickly assess and resolve problematic situations and provide effective strategies for resolution on first call;
- Are dedicated to customer service excellence and demonstrate a high level of commitment in all areas.
- Previous call centre experience is not required, however, candidates who have demonstrated excellent skills in serving clients over the telephone, have the ability to multi-task while providing excellent customer service, and demonstrate an eye for detail are highly successful in this position;
- Loving helping people is a non-negotiable requirement;
- Be fluently bilingual (English-French); In order to meet the needs of the English-speaking clientele, this position requires bilingualism
- Be a good communicator both on the phone and by email. Speaks in a clear, concise and friendly manner;
- Have the desire to go to the end of things and enjoy new challenges;
- Relevant training, education or work experience in the areas of customer service or health;
- Excellent technical skills, ability to manage multiple tasks at once and switch between software without difficulty, while simultaneously continuing to assist the caller;
- Be able to answer both difficult and easy calls;
- Be an expert in problem solving, understand the needs of members and quickly learn how to achieve the best results in all settings;
A little information about Medavie Blue Cross:
For more than 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a recognized health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. As a not-for-profit organization, we are proud to give back to the communities in which we operate and to build on a collaborative culture to help our employees thrive. Medavie Blue Cross was recognized as having one of Canada's most admired corporate cultures and was named a Caring Company, a title given to national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals is spread across six provinces. We excel through our shared values: compassion, responsibility, adaptability, innovation and community. We value the health and well-being of our employees and their families, as well as personal and professional development, which is why we offer a wide range of programs and resources at all levels of the company.
Together with Medavie Health Services, Medavie Blue Cross is part of Medavie, a national healthcare company with more than 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the well-being of Canadians.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential — a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, Call Center, Equity, Customer Service, Finance