At Harbour City Kitchens we proudly cultivate an environment that is built on integrity, reliability, responsiveness, and innovation so that each of our team members can flourish. This means that we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and perspectives.
Family-owned and operated, we’ve been one of Vancouver Island’s leading cabinetry manufacturers for over 35 years. From our breathtaking showroom and in-house expert design team to our cutting edge robotics - we offer our customers an incredible full-service experience and deliver remarkable quality kitchen cabinetry that satisfies and delights.
The woodwork specialist is responsible for creating custom wood products, such as 5-piece doors, crown moldings, hood boxes, etc., using a practiced, and specialized skill set. They must comfortable working in a face paced environment and exercise great precision and attention to detail when completing projects to ensure that the quality of products being produced are up to Company standards. This individual will have previous woodworking knowledge and leadership experience.
**This is a full-time position** 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manufacture custom wood products according to plans, drawings, instructions through:
- ensuring a material match for color, grain, and/or texture;
- trimming component parts of joints to ensure a snug fit;
- boring holes for insertion of screws or dowels;
- gluing, fitting and clamping parts and sub-assemblies together to create a complete unit;
- driving nails or other features into joints;
- installing hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls; and
- fabricating special or corresponding wooden parts and components.
- Manage multiple custom projects simultaneously with a strong attention to detail.
- Set up and operate wood working machines (power saws, drill press, etc.).
- Inspect equipment and tools for wear and tear, reporting conditions to supervisory personnel.
- Ensure quality of craftmanship at all times.
- Highschool diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and work experience.
- Strong communication skills verbally and written
- Diploma or certificate in a trade related to the job position (preferred)
- Working knowledge of the practices, materials, and tools of cabinet making and working with solid wood.
- Understand and adhere to safety requirements and standards of the trade.
- Skill in setting up and using cabinetry tools and equipment.
- Skill in performing precision work with either hand or machine tools.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and diagrams.
- Leadership and mentoring
- $21 - $25/hr depending on experience
- Bonuses for exemplary attendance
- Full medical with 80% coverage for dental
- RRSP/DPSP matching program through Manulife
- Modern and clean environment
- Tons of opportunities for growth and development
- Gourmet coffee and tea bar
- Regular free lunches and snacks
- Team events including summer BBQ’s and Holiday parties
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume
- Emails or phone calls welcome
We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. Thank you for your desire to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our core values are Integrity, Reliability, Relationships, and Innovation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- SAANICHTON, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- carpentry: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person