Experience: No prior mineral processing or analytical experience is required
About The Company:
Blue Coast Research Ltd. (BCR) is a leading consultancy and metallurgical testwork laboratory located in Parksville, British Columbia. BCR is focused on providing high quality metallurgical testwork, data and interpretation to the global minerals industry.
BCR is looking to hire an entry level Sample Preparation Technician to be part of our expanding laboratory team.
About The Position:
Sample prep duties include:
· Be a visible health and safety leader, with a focus on providing a safe and respectful environment for Blue Coast employees, clients and contractors
· Bucking (drying, weighing, homogenization, pulverization, subsampling, bagging, labeling) of testwork samples from the mineral processing laboratory.
· Crushing of drillcore or rock samples.
· Blending of bulk samples, splitting into charges and head assay subsampling ahead of downstream mineral processing testwork.
· Comminution testwork tests according to the standard procedure.
· Particle size distribution analyses according to the standard procedure.
· Specific Gravity (SG) determination of samples.
Prior experience in a scientific or industrial setting will be viewed favorably, however we provide a robust on-the-job training program to accommodate all experience levels.
Candidates should have a demonstrated knowledge of basic Microsoft Excel and have strong English written and spoken skills.
The position will be a permanent full-time hourly position based upon up to 40 work hours per week.
The successful candidate will be eligible to enroll in our Group Benefits Program as well as our group RRSP program on the first day of employment.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls or mailed applications will be accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.50 per hour
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Parkville, BC, on Vancouver Island for this job?
Work Location: In person