JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM! Come see what all the fuss is about.
We are currently seeking 1 individual to join us in an Administrative Assistant role for our Finance/Admin team out of our SPRUCE GROVE, Alberta location.
If you are an enthusiastic team player, are excited to work in a demanding environment, then Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is the place for you! In pursuing a career with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company that continues to grow and develop. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
Helping you Move the Earth!
Celebrating more than 20 years in business, Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is North America's largest heavy equipment rental company that supplies, repairs and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors:
- Mining equipment
- Construction equipment
- Pipeline equipment
- Forestry equipment
We are very excited that we have opportunity and growth in supporting our clientele in their Heavy Equipment needs!
When you join the Heavy Metal Team, you are also joining the Heavy Metal family. People are our most valuable asset and we are committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of everyone in the workplace.
The Administrative Assistant role at our Spruce Grove location ensures the efficient and smooth running of day-to-day operations. Working 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday, the individual in this position will work closely with the Finance Team and have regular communications with our clientele and vendors.
As the first point of contact, the individual must be prepared to manage multiple tasks and distractions, while properly directing internal and external customers. They will also be motivated, committed and want to grow with us.
In addition to the base salary, you can look forward to:
+ Bonus Structure (up to 12.5% of base salary)
+ Compensation Package Extras: Matching RRSP program, vacation pay, sick time benefits, group benefits (life, critical illness & disability insurance, extended health, dental, vision)
As an Administrative Assistant YOU will:
- Be the face and voice of Heavy Metal at our Spruce Grove location
- Be responsible for invoicing and daily tracking routines, including timely billing to our customers
- Assist with Accounts Receivable, including weekly collections calls on outstanding payments
- Update existing data and verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Maintain precise records
- Upload invoices from approved spreadsheet submissions
- Identify and resolve invoice discrepancies
- High volume data entry with accuracy
- Prepare deposits
- Journalize bank related entries
- Manage the office environment
- Administrative duties including ordering and organizing supplies
What we need from YOU:
- Completion of an office administration diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in Accounts Receivable and/or office administration
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and database computer programs
- Demonstrated high standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Highly pro-active, solution focused and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to manage large volume of paper flow and follow through to ensure completion of daily tasks
- Strong ability to adapt to changing environments quickly, analyze and assess information and make appropriate recommendations and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Collaborative communication style
- Demonstration of professional and positive work ethic
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Our Commitment to YOU:
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Positive team environment
- Office equipment and supplies necessary to complete your duties
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
If you want to be part of a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to forward your resume and cover letter by fax to 780-672-8599 or by email indicating Admin Assistant - SG in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews. Employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person