As a member of the Rapids Family Health Team, the RN Educator is a specialist in self-management, disease prevention and community development, and is responsible for the planning, coordination and delivery of services to specific populations. The RN Educator will share expertise and knowledge of disease prevention and healthy living with clients and their families, as well as other health care providers.
This role is responsible for the following:
· Partner with patients and their families to enable them to establish goals and manage their own individualized plans.
· Collaborate directly with clinicians to form comprehensive care plans with the patient.
· Maintain open communication and work closely with RFHT and community primary care providers on patient care issues.
· Evaluate patient comprehension and progress of their care plan by reviewing clinical and learning outcomes.
· Accurately and professionally complete documentation in a timely manner using the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) or other electronic database such as Excel spreadsheets.
· Recommend appropriate follow up and provide patients with access to community resources.
· Independently implement health education programs, including the following responsibilities:
o Employ individual or group methods, as appropriate, including instructing and evaluating appropriate exercise techniques.
o Employ a range of educational methods and techniques.
o Provide health education advice and consultation to FHT members.
Education & Specific Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or College Diploma – Registered Nursing Program required.
- 2+ years of experience as a health educator.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
- Strong patient teaching skills, ability to lead self-management group sessions on topics including COPD, CHF and falls management an asset.
- Experience as a gerontological nurse preferred.
- Current Membership with RNAO preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated competence within the full scope of practice of a Registered Nurse in the provision of assessment, care, medications, interventions and documentation of care needs.
- Thorough knowledge of health promotion and health education principles and practices.
Rapids Family Health Team is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available in all aspects of the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations for equal participation in the application, interview or selection processes, kindly contact Human Resources by phone at 519-339-8949 and we will endeavor to provide a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your individual accessibility needs.
By submitting your job application you acknowledge and agree that as a condition of employment you will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you may be exempt from this requirement to Human Resources who may then follow up with further information if necessary.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $33.50 per hour
Expected hours: 37.5 per week
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person