Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come
in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our
customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond
during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a
solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be
ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we
build an even cleaner B.C.
- Provides quality assurance for a variety of data and data processes used within Generation
Resource Management, such as data from remote monitoring weather stations, generation
stations and water conveyance and related facilities.
- Analyzes, investigates, troubleshoots and resolves or coordinates the resolution of data
- Participates in the development and enhancement of business information processes and tools.
- Provides technical guidance to the Power Records Analyst and staff in other lower-level
- Performs all the duties of the Power Records Analyst.
- Calculates and provides quality assurance for data used in planning and operating BC Hydro
- Uses knowledge of data model logic to systematically investigate data issues and works with
clients and technical owners to resolve issues.
- Provides complex analytical input to technical reports for regulatory, financial and water licence
compliance purposes, and for consultants and various external agencies.
- Provides back-up to the Hydrometric Monitoring Technical Specialist in maintaining the weekly
data deficiency list, which involves analyzing and determining priority of data deficiency issues,
and contacting internal and external contractors / partners to schedule maintenance of field sites.
- Develops a variety of tools to aid in analyzing discrepancies in data and enhance reporting,