Join a top employer and advance your career. Aplin has partnered with a Vancouver-based company to hire a talented Project Manager with a strong background in commercial construction!
- Develop comprehensive project plans, outlining tasks, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Estimate project costs, create budgets, and manage expenses throughout the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate project teams, assign tasks, and ensure effective collaboration among engineers, contractors, and stakeholders.
- Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies. Regularly assess project risks and adjust plans as needed.
- Source materials, equipment, and services from suppliers. Negotiate contracts and ensure timely delivery of resources.
- Ensure project activities adhere to legal and safety standards, obtaining necessary permits as required.
- Monitor project milestones, track progress, and maintain detailed records of project developments. Provide regular status updates to stakeholders.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with project stakeholders, addressing concerns and facilitating information exchange.
- Establish and enforce quality standards, conduct inspections, and address issues that arise.
- Evaluate and manage changes to project scope, schedule, and budget. Document changes and their impact.
- Address conflicts or disputes within the project team or between stakeholders, seeking resolutions that maintain progress and positive relationships.
- Keep thorough documentation of project plans, progress reports, contracts, and other relevant records.
- Liaise with clients to understand requirements, provide updates, and ensure client satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction project management or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience as a Project Manager in mid-size commercial construction from start to finish.
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and permits in the BC area.
- Ability to lead teams, manage budgets, and meet project deadlines.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com