Durban Dental Laboratories is looking for a qualified experienced Dental Laboratory Team Lead to effectively discuss treatment plans with clients and perform hands-on quality assurance work. This position will be supervised by a Canadian Registered Dental Technologist (RDT), while working alongside Laboratory Managers. There may also be a supervisory responsibility.
Job is located either at the Toronto location or Burlington location
· Quality control of all crowns and bridges and implants as well as providing support to the removable team by doing Quality control checks.
· Hands-on technical production support across departments (crowns and bridges, implants and removable team) where needed to ensure customer deadlines are met.
· Communication with dentists discussing treatment plans and dealing with any technical issues.
· Staff training in the various areas of dental technology. Input and communication with the digital team are critical, including discussing treatment plans with the CAD/CAM department, understanding 3D printing workflows and troubleshooting digital cases with dentists.
· Assistance and support to continue digitizing lab processes from analogue to digital by utilizing all Durban Labs’ digital resources.
· Supporting Durban Labs to continue developing into one of Canada's leading digital labs. This will include assisting in research and developing how to use the latest digital technology to increase products and services to dentists.
· Attendance at the various continuing education courses Durban sponsors to promote Durban’s services. In addition, supporting the various hands-on exercises in the education courses.
· Staff training and development and supervising specific staff members.
· Diploma in Dental Technology.
· Minimum 10 years of work experience as a Dental Technologist.
· Minimum 10 years of experience advising Dentists on recommended treatment plans and problem solving.
· Strong knowledge of 3D printing workflows.
· Proven work experience using CAD/CAM.
· Understanding of the technical processes of each department in a dental lab.
· Understanding of multi departmental workflow in a dental lab.
· Proven experience in all aspects of dental technology including crown and bridge, implants, dentures and removables.
· Knowledge of various lab products, lab offers and quality assurance.
· Ability to communicate effectively with dentists.
· Experience with Exocad and 3D printing is preferred.
· Experience with CAD 3D digital milling and printing for crowns, bridges, veneers, implant abutments and metal copings.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with dental clients and technical team.
· Exhibit positive attitude, along with supervisory and leadership skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$30.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
All employees are double vaccinated. Infection control procedures in place.
Work Location: In person