Bird Nason Contracting Group is currently seeking applications for a Skilled Laborer for our project at Shell Scotford near Fort Saskatchewan, AB.
Base rate of $28.24 per hour
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lifting, carrying, construction material and raking and digging
- Spotting Equipment
- Escorting material and equipment to and from the site gate
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour and use of hands and tools
- Following safe work and quality policies and procedures
- Take instructions from immediate Supervisor to complete tasks as outlined daily
- Attend required meetings as requested
The successful candidate must possess the following skills/attributes:
- Minimum 1 years of laborer industrial experience assisting crews and spotting construction equipment
- Thorough knowledge of the safe operation of the equipment
- Ability to work continuously for prolonged periods of time
- Be able to lift, carry and handle up to 50 lbs.
- Experience working on a construction site
- Ability to learn in a fast paced safety first cultured environment
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work
- Must be organized, self-driven, and have ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions
- Able to work with their hands and safely operate small power tools and equipment run by gasoline, diesel, electricity, and compressed air
Must have the following:
- Valid Driver's License (not GDL)
- CSTS-09 or CSTS 2020
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Pro
- 3M Full Face Respirator Training
Candidates will be required to pass an alcohol and drug test as a pre-requisite to employment and site access.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.24 per hour
Work Location: In person