JOB POSTING - PROJECT MANAGER
- Do you love building genuine relationships with your clients and team to deliver your best work?
- Are you the master of efficiency? Like you can’t walk around your house without optimizing your time by picking up stray socks?
- Do you love to combine your organizational and technical skills to run each project like a well-oiled machine?
- Are you a natural problem solver with the ability to pivot quickly?
- Do you love to inspire a shared vision amongst your team?
- Are you a self-starter who continuously looks to learn and improve?
- Do you love spending time with your family on weekends and working for a company who understands your need for flexibility?
- Would you like to be part of a team who knows how to celebrate great achievements?
About MAC RenovationsMAC Renovations is an established design build company with a stellar reputation. Since starting over 40 years ago, we’ve built a loyal following of repeat clients based on a simple but powerful principle — we’re trustworthy. Not just in what we say, but in what we do. With all the challenges a home renovation can throw at you, it’s important to know that your contractor will be there — both now and in the future. We see our team as a family, and we are looking to grow with long term members who share our vision and are excited to be a part of our journey. Our teams earn high praise from both our clients and trade partners alike. Our success is your success.Core Values
Our core values aren’t just motivation statements on the wall;they’re the yardsticks by which we measure ourselves — and the people we hire — every day.
Collaboration - Team First
Continuing Education - Be Curious
Integrity - Do the Right Thing
Care - Be Intentional
We take adding to our team seriously by finding the right combination of DRIVE, SKILLS & ATTITUDE. Our Construction Team is growing and we are looking for the next amazing Apprentice to join the MAC family.
This is where you come in.
This Is You If:
- You excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously, coordinating people efficiently and moving tasks forward with the click of a button!
- You have proven experience in effectively managing construction projects from contract execution to closeout
- Quality control comes as second nature to you and no detail is too small. Some may have described you as meticulous
- You are fiscally responsible and accountable while managing project budgets
- You are committed to growing, strengthening and sharing your skills and knowledge
- You are naturally resourceful and demonstrate initiative by having plans A,B,C & D in your back pocket
- You possess a high degree of emotional intelligence (EQ) – you have great self and social awareness and know how to generate results & encourage collaboration
- You pride yourself on your ability to anticipate/forecast risk & devising appropriate countermeasures to those risks
- You have exceptional planning & organizational abilities
- You hold yourself to an impeccably high standard and strive to deliver error-free work
- You are an effective and efficient communicator. You know how to ask the right questions
- You have a good sense of humour allowing you to build friendly rapports and navigate challenging situations
- You show up for life with enthusiasm, inspiring your team with loyalty and confidence
- You truly enjoy your work and genuinely care about the client’s experience
- You enjoy learning as much as sharing your own knowledge with others. Professional development is always ongoing
In The Role, You Will Be:
- Managing multiple construction projects by being extremely organized, technically savvy and highly resourceful
- Supporting the clients as they bring their vision to life from the start of the construction phase to project completion
- Managing the project budgets and schedules , administering all project changes, and communicating these changes with your awesome people skills!
- Meeting quality standards and requirements on every project
- Maintaining professional relationships with clients, City inspectors, subcontractors and all other professionals as part of our commitment to integrity
- Visiting job sites with a keen eye for detail and identifying any required updates
- Regularly meeting with the Project Lead to ensure client satisfaction is achieved and project expectations are aligned for all parties
- Establishing clear project goals for team members and subcontractors
- Participating in the continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Ensuring that BuilderTrend (schedule, daily logs, To-Dos, etc.) is up to date and all external requests for information (i.e., City Inspectors, sub trades, suppliers, etc.) are actioned
- Pursuing professional development such as membership(s) in professional organizations and enrolling in technical courses related to the industry
- Fostering an environment which encourages collaboration between all team members
- 3+ years of experience in a Project Manager role, ideally in construction, residential remodeling, or high-end new construction
- Extensive knowledge of various construction methods & in-depth experience in reading construction plans
- Proven planning and scheduling experience
- Outstanding customer service skills, with the ability to work in a diverse workforce
- Experience with high-volume workloads, fast-paced work environments and tight deadlines
- Experience with Project Management Software and Google Suites
- Experience with heritage homes is an asset
- Background in estimating and site supervision is an asset
- Experience with BuilderTrend Software an asset
- License/Certification: PMP certification (preferred)
- Driver’s License (required)
- Attractive total compensation package including RRSP matching and a health spending account
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development
- Work life balance; we strive for a true 40-hour week!
- Join a team with over 40 years of experience, with an established process and clear organizational structure
- Participate in fun team outings including annual family BBQ, on-site staff barbecues, luncheons, our annual holiday party (at really great venues) and more!
- Learn from and work alongside industry-recognized leaders
- Join a team that is laser focused on safety and COR certified with WorkSafe BC
- Being part of an award-winning team who shows up with integrity and is focused on achieving exceptional customer experiences
If you are finding yourself nodding your head and saying “That’s me!” use the application form below and let us know why you’d be a great fit for our team!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $34.00-$48.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC V9E 2E8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 3 years (preferred)
- Builder Trend: 1 year (preferred)
- Background in estimating and site supervision: 3 years (preferred)
- Google Docs and Sheets: 3 years (preferred)
- PMP Certification (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person