Requisition ID: 343588
Position Number: 20029475
Posting End Date: November 8, 2023
Site: Riverview Health Centre
Department / Unit: 2W Respiratory Chronic Care
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - January 30, 2024
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $20.090, $20.694, $21.314, $21.952, $22.612, $23.291, $23.990
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the supervision of the Patient Care Manager, and under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, assisting with patient/resident care and providing basic supportive services as delegated. The Health Care Aide demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals and objectives of the region and Riverview Health Centre.
- 1 year previous experience in providing rehabilitative, long term care or chronic care to patients/residents is preferred.
- Grade X.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized institution required.
- Knowledge of basic nursing care principles, techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices and other relevant Workplace Safety and Health requirements/responsibilities.
- Knowledge of regional, site and work area policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Skill in providing specialized and/or long term nursing care to patient/residents.
- Skill in application of appropriate techniques for patient/resident lifting, transferring and mobilization.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to express ideas and thoughts in English both verbally and in written formats.
- Ability to listen and comprehend effectively.
- Ability to select and use appropriate communication methods pertinent to the situation.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work safely without injury to self, to patients/residents, or to other staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patients/residents, family members and coworkers.
- Physical and mental health to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.