Finlandia Village is dedicated to serving mature adults by providing affordable, high quality, comfortable, and secure living accommodations, along with opportunities for social, spiritual, cultural and recreational interaction within an independent, caring community.
We are looking for a permanent part-time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. Must be willing to commit to 4 night shifts every two weeks.
Registered Nurses will be awarded with a $500.00 signing bonus and a $3.50 per hour incentive.
Retired Nurses are encouraged to Apply!
Reporting to the Director of Care or designate, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the effective management of staff, delivery of nursing services, and for ensuring that the standards of care which are consistent with the philosophy, performance standards, and objectives of Finlandia Nursing Home are being met.
Some Key Responsibilities
· Ensures that nursing services provided reflect the mission, values, and performance standards of Finlandia Nursing Home Limited and adhere to current legislation affecting the practice of nursing.
· Maintains current knowledge relative to nursing and management theory, clinical practice, and nursing research.
· Recognizes health and safety hazards and initiates corrective action.
· Monitors, implements and assesses adherence to policies and procedures of the nursing home and assists in development of standards for the nursing department.
· Identifies, investigates and effectively deals with unacceptable practice and/or behaviour of staff during the performance of duties, at the time it occurs. Discusses this behaviour or unacceptable practice with the individual concerned, documents all relevant facts and reports to the Director of Care or designate.
· Helps to develop nursing home objectives; plans for achievement, works with the Director of Care to implement new programs and ideas as appropriate.
· Is accountable for the delegation of home area responsibilities to other staff members and to follow up at all times ensuring effective and comprehensive nursing care is provided.
· Successful completion of a Post-Secondary Nursing Program
· Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· CPR Certificate
· RAI Certification
· Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) Certificate is considered an asset
· PIECES training is considered an asset
· Proven organizational, leadership, communication, critical thinking, health assessment, decision making, and problem solving skills
· Conflict management training is considered an asset
· Demonstrated knowledge of the research process evidenced based nursing and program planning and evaluation
· Finnish speaking skill is considered an asset
· An acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check verified within the past six months
· 2-step TB test within the past six months
If you would like to join a well-respected organization that has built a tradition of developing mutually rewarding relationships with our residents, employees, and the community we serve, please submit your resume.
Finlandia Village is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all persons regardless of disabilities, ethnicity, background or status. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please advise at the time of contact if accommodations are required for your interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $32.22-$48.78 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
- Retention bonus
- Signing bonus
To keep our staff and residents safe we will continue to screen all staff, residents, volunteers, students, contractors and visitors. Provide PPE, clean and disinfect surfaces and follow infection control practices.
Work Location: In person