A great opportunity awaits for great individuals to shine as they share their passion for food and beverage experiences!
Join a team of passionate and genuine hospitality individuals that create a welcoming environment for all guests alike. Offering a culture that focuses on you and creating personalized connections and kind service.
The Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre Overlooks 160 acres of lush “Cottage Country” landscape in the scenic Haliburton Highlands of Ontario. The area’s only full-service hotel with a golf course and restaurant, just two and a half hours from Toronto. Staff and Guests can enjoy an abundance of outdoor activities ranging from hiking, biking, downhill skiing at nearby Sir Sam’s, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing!
The Food and Beverage Server will assist with all Front of House Food & Beverage operations for this picturesque Golf Resort including Stone 21 Dining Room and Banquet Operations. The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with others, understands selling principles and is passionate about working as a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- greeting and seating guests and provide them with menus
- answering the restaurant reservations phone line
- Understand and note daily specials and sell to guests
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- supporting bartenders with glassware replenishment and polishing
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, clearing items from tables, replenishing utensils and refilling beverage glasses.
- Refill buffet areas
- Take food and drink orders from guests
- take payment
- Observe guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service
- Communicate all menu and buffet details to guests and provide assistance with their questions
- Coordinate with the busser, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Set up banquets and restaurant areas including tables, chairs, buffet and assist with audio visual when requested
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understand and communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Assist team with stocking and maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Print closing report and drop any cash in safe by following department standards
- Confirm Credit Card settlements for the day are correct with the batch closing report
In order to be considered for this role you must have:
- A minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent or working towards completion
- Able to communicate in English including, reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to reconcile cash payments and count change
- Understanding of food service
- Basic computer skills and understanding
- Ability to lift, push and pull required load (30lbs)
- Ability to work standing, sitting and walking for extended periods or an entire shift.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to manage physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend
- Ability to plan and organize workload.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to obtain smart serve certification
- Ability to commute/relocate: Haliburton County, ON - reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work is required
The following are considered assets:
- Previous experience with Food and Beverage POS system
- Knowledge of different dining experiences and cuisines
- Smart serve certification
- First aid certification
- WSET certification
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 30 - 44 per week
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Company Covid-19 Policy
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Haliburton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person