You are a civil technologist who is ready to roll up your sleeves and get your hands on projects. You perform best in groups where you know what’s expected of you. You’re not afraid to ask questions. You have a solid working knowledge of Civil3D and are eager to join a team that you can contribute to – and receive mentorship and training to continue to advance your drafting and Civil3D skills. You want to learn more about the CAD production, effective drawing file management, the broader design process, and how a team works together to get projects done.
Binnie is looking for a Civil Technologist to join our Burnaby Infrastructure Division, which delivers infrastructure planning, design and construction services for linear infrastructure (water, storm, sanitary), streets and transportation, and water resources assignments.
This is a full-time position in our Burnaby office, located near Highway 1 and the Kensington Avenue Interchange near scenic Deer Lake.
You will be working with our friendly and supportive team of experienced Project Managers, Technologists, CAD specialists, and Engineers on a wide range of capital municipal projects.
You will carry out CAD assignments, design work, and quality management according to Binnie’s Organizational Quality Management Policy (OQM). This role offers great mentorship opportunities.
- Preparing baseplans from survey and GIS information using AutoCAD.
- Preparing 2D design bases and production drawings using AutoCAD.
- Creating linked sheet sets for drawing packages.
- Preparing Civil3D designs using alignments, profiles, sections, corridors and pipe networks.
- Performing volumetric calculations using existing topographic data and design surfaces
- Performing and documenting quality control checks on CAD drafting and Civil 3D work in accordance with Binnie’s Quality Management Program
- Adhering to various municipal CAD standards as well as Binnie’s internal CAD standards
Providing guidance and technical expertise to CAD staff in drafting methods
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 1 to 5 years of progressive related work experience in a civil consulting engineering environment
- Completed Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related field
- Registration as an AScT with ASTTBC (or eligible for immediate registration)
- Previous hands-on experience working with AutoCAD and Civil 3D for transportation and / or underground infrastructure assignments.
- Ability to learn on the job and apply new knowledge effectively
- Valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle preferred
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail to consistently produce accurate, high-quality work
We are the people behind the infrastructure you use every day. We’re small enough to know each other’s names, and big enough to be where we’re needed. As an employee-owned firm which is consistently recognized as a Top Employer, we take pride in our work and are respected as one of the top engineering firms in British Columbia. We support some of the most important infrastructure in the province and beyond.
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.
People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. As an employee-owned firm, we create a clear internal growth path that can keep up with even the most ambitious professionals. Whether it’s soccer or coffee clubs, hockey pool, lunchtime yoga, Movember or Bowling for Big Brothers, everyone can get involved in their own way.
Interested in this job?
Let us know why you want to work at Binnie, and why you would be a fit as our Civil Technologist. Submit your application at the above link.
Binnie embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome any and all qualified applicants.
If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team.
Thank you for your interest in Binnie. We look forward to reviewing your application.