REMEDIAL CEMENT OPERATOR OPPORTUNITY
Performance Energy Services is opening a new base in Fort St. John, looking for Remedial Cementing Operators and Supervisors. Performance is an remedial cementing Company with our main field operations based out of Red Deer. Performance was established in December of 2011 to provide state of the art and leading edge remedial cementing services. Over the years the dedicated and experienced leaders grew the business to employ 100+ workers, include 14 service rigs and 10 remedial cementing units.
Performance is best suited for stable employees that take pride in their work. We encourage a healthy work and life balance by offering a 15 and 6 schedule with daylight start times. All of our cement trucks are designed with hose reels and heated and air conditioned cabs for ease of rigging in and out.
EMPLOYEES THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING IN RED DEER, AB,
A Cement Operator is a part of a 2-person work crew that works, operates and maintains the equipment used to pump cement for wellbore remediation. The Cement Operator takes direction and instruction from the Cement Supervisor. Cement Supervisors oversee all parameters of the job and communicate with the customer on site.
Our Cement Operator
- Prepares and inspects all required equipment before heading to job site
- Transports equipment to and from the well location,
- Safely rig in and operates the equipment,
- Performs daily inspections
- Maintains equipment and provide maintenance records for equipment to head office.
- Safely rig-out including clean-up of equipment
- Follows all company processes and policies regarding safety policies and operations.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
The job is physically demanding and requires people who are strong, possess good co-ordination skills. Team members must be able to lift, climb and handle objects weighing from 50-75 kg (110-165 lbs). Employees will work outdoors in all weather conditions or at remote locations
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING preferred but not requried
- Standard and emergency first aid; H2S Alive; Oilfield Driver Awareness
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG); Class 1 Drivers License
- A Driver’s Abstract will be required
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Experienced with remedial cementing
- Existing knowledge of cementing equipment functions and components is preferred but not required.
- Experienced in oil and gas field operations is preferred
- Basic mechanical skills and heavy hauling or off-road driving experience are preferred
- Demonstrates clear communication skills and ability to follow written/oral direction in English promptly and correctly
- An enthusiastic individual who easily establishes trust and credibility with all groups
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, reliable, and dependable
- Understands the importance of safety
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Daily subsistence
- Extensive benefits package after probation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,000.00-$10,000.00 per month
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Cementing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person