Who We Are
Calm Air International is a regional airline serving the Northern part of Central Canada. From its main bases in Winnipeg, Thompson and Churchill, Manitoba, and Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, Calm Air operates frequent, daily scheduled passenger, charters, and cargo flights throughout Manitoba and the Kivalliq Region of Nunavut.
At Calm Air International LP, we value our customers, passengers, and the communities we serve. We are only as good as the employees who work with us. We are looking for highly motivated, well-organized individuals, who work well in a fast-paced environment, to join our team! Want to learn more? Visit www.calmair.com.
About the Opportunity
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity to work with a group of high performing professionals? Do you like to work independently as well as part of a skilled team? If so, we would like to hear from you! We are looking for a highly motivated, well-organized individual, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, to join the Calm Air family.
The sky is the limit!
What You'll Get To Do
Calm Air Reservations Agents provide travel assistance and trip planning to our passengers. In addition, they conduct passenger check-in, make flight reservations in our computerized reservations system, and perform other related customer service duties to assist Calm Air passengers. They provide exemplary customer service while adhering to Calm Air policies and regulations.
- Create, check, and make changes to passenger flight reservations
- Check flight information, fares, and fare rules
- Assist other stations with reservations, payments and manifests as required
- Assist with the re-accommodation of passengers due to irregular operations or schedule changes as required
- Assist with the tracing of missing passenger baggage when required
- Answer passenger inquiries over the phone and through email
- Assist Pass Bureau with staff travel bookings and payments as required
- Other duties as required
Hours of Work
- Shift work is required and may include mornings/afternoons, evenings and weekends
Skills & Experience We Value
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) an asset
- Knowledge of Amelia Reservation system an asset
- Basic Computer skills (word, excel, office)
- Knowledge of an airline’s operations an asset
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills and exceptional telephone etiquette
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Must have own transportation to and from work
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Security Clearance qualification
- Preference given to Inuit Land Claims Beneficiaries
- Inuktitut language considered an asset
The Benefits of Joining Our Team
We invest time and resources into making sure Calm Air International is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
- Vacation entitlement will be paid out with each pay statement at 6%
- Airline travel and freight privileges
- Corporate and family events
- And more!
If This Sounds Like the Job for You, Contact Us!
At Calm Air, we value diversity and provide equal opportunities and accessibility for all qualified candidates. We encourage all members of a designated group or those requiring accessibility support to self-declare when applying.
Please submit a resume in confidence by November 10, 2023.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.