We’re looking for bright and eager individuals to join our growing Ophthalmology team! We offer a wide range of Manitoba Health and exclusive private-pay eye services performed in clinic.
A Medical Office Assistant is an essential technical and clerical support role for our doctors to provide quality care to their patients every single day.
Main responsibilities of a Medical Office Assistant at Aqua I Laser:
- Perform daily preliminary testing for doctors including Visual Fields, OCTs, OPTOS, A-Scans, B-Scans, Tonometry, etc.
- Assisting with in-clinic procedures such as specialized lasers, biopsies, dilations, etc.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of common work areas
- Preparing patients and exam rooms for doctors
- Answering high volume phone calls and emails
- Scheduling patient appointments and maintaining doctors’ daily schedule
- Sorting, triage and scheduling patient referrals via fax, mail and email
- Overseeing and managing daily patient flow
- Aiding in any additional clinical work such as inventory, organizing, clerical tasks etc.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Great adaptability in a busy and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong leadership and initiative
- Enthusiasm in learning new skills and taking on unfamiliar challenges/experiences
- Experience with EMR systems and/or comfortable with computers/technology
- Medical background/knowledge is an asset
- PHIA and BLS/First Aid training is an asset
We are not currently accepting out-of-country applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted directly for interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Expected hours: No less than 40 per week
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person