QM Environmental is one of Canada's largest full-service national civil and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and the environment, along with our highly trained and qualified personnel QM LP has developed a robust network of suppliers, sub-contractors, consultants, First Nations partners and other strategic partners. Together we are able to meet the diverse needs of our clients across the country, offering everything from specialized services to large, complex end-to-end solutions.
QM’s four business lines include Demolition and Decommissioning, Hazardous Materials Abatement, Environmental Remediation including Civil Earthworks, and Emergency Management & Environmental Response Services.
As the Site Supervisor you will be responsible for the field level execution of projects, including but not limited to supervising all on-site activities, managing field operations staff, overseeing sub-contractors, etc. In this position you may be required to supervise multiple sites simultaneously.
What we offer:
· Competitive salary and group benefits plan
· Discretionary Bonus Plan
· GRRSP and matching DPSP
· Safety-first culture with industry accolades and awards for being a leader in the field.
· Promote from within focused hiring strategy for our supervisory and management positions.
· Extended Health & Dental Coverage
· Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Employee Assistance Program
· Discounted Health Club Membership
· And a Great Team!
· Understand and ensure all site personnel adhere to QM’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures at all times.
· Be aware and willing to ensure safety compliance by all personnel on site.
· Document and Notify the General Superintendent of any unsafe or potentially hazardous situations on site.
· Ensure the appropriate safety equipment is available and worn by site personnel at all times.
· Develop/contribute to daily operational and project plans, and participate in deliverable level planning with Project Manager
· Establish site control, including preparation of safe zones, lay down areas, stockpile areas, hot zones, etc.
· Coordinate the physical activities of employees, subcontractors, and suppliers for all site activities.
· Identify issues that arise and lead the discussion in their resolution.
· Provide regular status updates to General Superintendent and Project Manager.
· Obtain stakeholder input/acceptance for project deliverables.
· Perform regular physical job site walkthroughs to observe safety and quality.
· Ensure all staff maintain focus and adhere to the schedule & design while keeping safety a priority.
· Ensure all site resource (labor, machinery, materials, sub-contractors etcetera) are effectively utilized and monitored in order to achieve timely completion of projects.
· Ensure all tools and equipment used onsite are taken care of and put away. Any damage or defects are to be reported to the General Superintendent.
· Prior to the commencement of site works, gain an understanding of the relevant project specifications and drawings.
· On an ongoing basis, monitor all works against specifications to ensure the continuing quality and accuracy of work performed.
· Identify, develop a plan, and correct any defects, mistakes, errors, contamination or variations.
· Ensure all the applicable quality checklists are properly completed.
· Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports/sub-contractors enabling them to effectively carry out their functions.
· Be willing to receive specialized training in order to accomplish skilled tasks.
· Ensure that all employs have, or receive the proper training for their assigned tasks
· The majority of time will be spent on job site; out of town travel may be required.
· The hours can be long, between 10 – 12 hours per day based on project and client requirements.
· Use of specialized PPE may be required after appropriate training.
· Work is outdoors so appropriate clothing will be required.
· Supervisory experience in remediation or civil construction.
· Construction industry experience, in civil earthworks/groundworks, landscaping and/or environmental remediation projects.
· Knowledge of safety and employment regulations, policies, procedures.
· Computer literate
· Knowledge of specifications and blueprints
· Good understanding of codes, laws and other requirements
· Valid driver’s license mandatory
· Previous training in First Aid and PPE
· Specialized training in Fall Protection and Flagging
Compliance with company policies is a requirement of employment. Please note that this includes QM’s Covid-19 in the Workplace Vaccination Policy, which requires employees to comply with QM’s Infection Control Plan (ICP). QM’s ICP requires employees to be vaccinated if they will be working onsite at a jobsite that has a mandatory vaccination policy. Accommodations, including legally eligible exemptions, will be considered where legally required.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
As proponents of Canada’s Black North Initiative, QM continues to support a culture of integrity, fairness and ethical practices.QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
Join the Team://www.qmenv.com/careers/available-opportunities/
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Supervisory: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person