Walnut Beach Resort offers a rewarding environment for the right individuals who can also enjoy the wonderful setting of the South Okanagan Valley. Join the team to make a difference in the community you work and live in while having fun.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food & Beverage Manager will oversee all F&B Operations of the resort which includes the Pointe49 restaurant and seasonal outdoor areas such as pool, beach and garden. In addition, this position will play an important role in the Sales process to maximize revenue potential.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and creative individual to lead our food and beverage team. This individual would be accountable for the daily operation and overall success of restaurant, bar and in-room dining and banquet operations, exhibiting a hands-on management style. The position requires an individual who will work to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining responsibility for a departmental operating budget. Food & Beverage Manager will manage all aspects of the restaurant, bar, outside dining areas, and in-room dining operations while delivering a consistent, quality menu offering and service delivery as per the anticipated standards of the property. Responsibility for guidance and development of all department associates including direct reports, adherence to all local and federal sanitation and licensing guidelines, as well working with the required corporate directives and company procedures with regard to restaurant operations.
- Purchase beverages and supplies from vendors approved by the company and use approved company resources.
- Develop beverage menus, recipes and item pricing in association with the necessary stakeholders using the recognized company tools and templates.
- Ensure that the front-of-house foodservice areas are sanitized and cleaned in accordance with company standards and local and federal health code regulations.
- Hire, train and supervise all food and beverage service associates.
- Stay current on restaurant and industry trends.
- Identify new service techniques and presentations.
- Assist service associates with service techniques and beverage recipe creation.
- Develop and implement a departmental training program.
- Contribute to the associate appraisal program.
- Complete departmental orientation for all front-of-house food and beverage associates.
- Identify the developmental needs of others including coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills. This will also include disciplinary actions where necessary.
- To efficiently organize and execute mise en place, preparation and service in all food and beverage outlets.
- Manages all day-to-day outlet operations, ensuring the quality and standards are met while meeting the expectations of the guests/customers on a daily basis.
- Contributes to the Sales strategy by responding to group and events inquiries and RFPs. Produces quotes, agreements and contracts before handing over to other departments when necessary
- Liaise with other departments for seamless execution
- Manage all front-of-house food and beverage challenges and guest issues.
- To maximize the quality and value experience offered to our guests within the operational parameters set by the hotel.
- Manages the advertising and social media activities to generate visibility in the community and beyond.
- Ensure all the required tools, equipment, and support are available to associates in the execution of their duties within the restaurant department.
- Achieves all financial goals including budgets, revenue and cost goals, and capital planning projects.
- Organizes workload achieving all goals set forth.
- Available to work any day of the week and cover shifts when needed especially during slow seasons.
- Completes all daily and weekly company scheduling and forecasting documents and submits them in a timely fashion.
- Completes all company procedures as directed, this will include but not be limited to inventories, month end procedures etc.
- Develop menus, item pricing and recipe costings using preferred company templates.
- To support the promotion of food and beverage operations to our target market through sourcing and participation in industry and community events, and in-house public relations.
- To continuously sustain improved quality and productivity through progressive action planning or eliminate any associates in the culinary department with performance ratings below standard.
- To perform all other duties required by the company.
- To perform monthly inventory
- High school diploma / GED required (hospitality degree of certification preferred)
- 3 + years supervisory experience in a restaurant of a hotel/restaurant preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of current restaurant industry trends
- Must possess restaurant service delivery and creativity
- Strong knowledge of provincial, federal and local food and beverage sanitation and licensing regulations
- Proven success with employee relations’ skills and ability to implement and maintain standards
- Comfortable providing direction and supervision to culinary associates
- Knowledge of Squirrel POS is an asset
- Serve It Right and Food Safe
Expected Start Date: 2021-08-24
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 per year
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V6: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Food and Beverage Management: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-23