Arrow Machine and Fabrication Group is an engineering-focused solution provider of machined castings, fabrications, and assemblies.
We serve OEM customers in the rail, material handling, mining, defense, heavy truck, agriculture, power systems, construction, nuclear, engineered products, architectural, and forestry industries.
We have access to the broadest range of metalwork solutions in the world through our elite group of companies. Arrow focuses on providing innovative design, quality craftsmanship, and exceptional customer service.
For more than 45 years, CGL Manufacturing has been a supplier of choice for OEM customers in the Material Handling, Rail, Construction, Forestry, Agriculture, Mining and Defense industries. With operations in both Canada and China, our focus is safety, quality, delivery, cost and the environment. Our mission of good parts on time along with strong customer relationships and company performance will continue our history of growth.
YOU HAVE OPTIONS, WHY CHOOSE CGL:
- Competitive Salary
- A challenging high mix, low volume non-automotive production environment
- Steady, full-time non-seasonal work in a growing company
- Inclusive and open to everyone
- Comprehensive benefits package – dental care, vision care, extended health care
- Fully funded RSP (no matching required)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Buyer – Mainly North America
REPORTING TO: Purchasing Manager - AOR
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Purchasing Manager of AOR, this role is responsible for ensuring the uninterrupted supply of materials to support Manufacturing Operations and Engineering. This role combines elements of purchasing and inventory control and is an integral part of the CGL team.
- This role involves a high degree of interaction and collaboration with Scheduling, Customer Service, Production, Quality and Engineering teams. Experience in a manufacturing environment (high mix, low volume) is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate is a highly motivated, self-directed individual capable of multi-tasking with a high level of personal and professional ethics. The ability to work effectively in a fast growing and fast paced environment is crucial to success in this role.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: As a support to the Purchasing Manager, the incumbent will perform much of the support work required for CGL to purchase goods and services that meet the quality standards, price, and delivery requirements of the Company.
- Extensive use of CGL’s ERP system (Visual Manufacturing as well as IQM) to view customer demand and manufacturing work order requirements. Review and analyze MRP system generated planned orders and issue purchase orders accordingly. Review NCM’s and assign unit costs to vendor related NCM for scrap, or credit.
- Ensure appropriate parts are delivered to manufacturing facility including ordering, expediting as requested, and close liaison with manufacturing, quality, engineering, logistics, and warehouse personnel where applicable.
- Create purchase requisitions as required for any and all services or products. Follow up with suppliers on expected delivery dates and confirmation of orders.
- Ensuring purchase order delivery dates are accurate in the system and received confirmation from suppliers for all PO’s placed. Updating system to match expected due dates, pricing, and quantities, and terms.
- Reviewing past due report daily for late purchase orders and following up with vendors or receiving for proof of deliveries or confirm anticipated delivery date with vendor.
- Backup and support for designated buyer(s) when away.
- Report on material related issues at the daily production meeting and escalate when appropriate. Attend Asaichi meetings and report on Non conformances.
- Establish, monitor, and manage relationships with key suppliers and internal functions; anticipate and communicate demand schedule to suppliers; escalate risks with vendors and internal teams and propose solutions and/or corrective actions.
- Cost reductions of materials/services through the initiation and participation in the benchmarking process. This will include, but not be limited to, the potential re-sourcing of appropriate vendors, along with the negotiation of pricing, terms and conditions.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Actively work with all departments to manage excess inventories and end of program analysis.
- Understanding of foreign exchanges and impact on spend
- Count, investigate inventory discrepancies to determine root causes and recommend corrective actions.
- Run reports for the Daily Operations Meeting
- Participate actively in continuous improvement (CI) initiatives.
- Problem solves with cross functional groups in a fast-paced setting.
- Perform other duties/projects/reports as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management – experience with overseas buying and inventory control an asset.
- 5+ years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Post-secondary education in Materials Management, Purchasing or similar. Certification through PMAC is preferred.
- Well-developed communication & analytical skills
- High level of planning, organizational & implementation skills
- Solid analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ERP/MRP based systems)
- Experience in ROP and forecast buying, lean concept methodology an asset.
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Candidate must be self motivated with the ability to work without direct supervision and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Extremely organized and resourceful individual capable of multi-tasking and remaining calm in stressful circumstances; ability to function in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- “Big Picture” thinker. Understanding a change or decision made in purchasing can impact the entire company. Being able to foresee potential issues and resolving prior to the issue/impact arising.
- Top level Interpersonal and written communication skills
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- buying for a manufacturing environment: 3 years (required)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person