Be the reason someone feels extra special.
CareCorp Senior Services is a trusted company who provides superior healthcare, food and support services to long-term care and assisted living facilities across BC.
We are looking for a compassionate and caring Registered Care Aide to join our amazing care team in one of our beautiful care facilities.
Facility Address: Discovery Harbour Care Center, 850-14th Ave,. Campbell River, BC, V9W 4H4
Position Details: Permanent Full Time Day Line.4 days on 2 days off. 0700-1500.
Compensation: $25.83 per hour plus benefits after probation period
- Follows established care plans.
- Provide personal care for our residents including, Bathing, grooming, dressing, assists with meals and oral hygiene and performing other care duties as applicable.
- Responds to call bells/alarms.
- Observes and monitors residents progress, symptoms and behavioral changes and reports significant observations.
- Utilizes mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs, and stretchers to transport residents.
- Aid with lifting and/or transferring of residents by following established lifting/safety techniques.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Current registration with the BC Care Registry is (required).
- Completion of Grade 10 and graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide program.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Cultural education and experience are preferred.
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, CareCorp shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out their role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and residents will be a priority.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.83 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Campbell River, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you currently in Campbell River, B.C. or nearby area?
- If not in Campbell River, are you planning to relocate?
- BC Care Aide Registry Number (required)
- Food Safety Certification (preferred)
- CPR Certification (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person