POSITION TITLE: Chef De Partie
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
POSITION TYPE: Permanent Full-time
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
Calgary Meals on Wheels exists to eliminate food insecurity throughout Calgary and promotes health and independence. Each day approximately 4,500 nutritious meals are produced and delivered through an engaged network of employees, volunteers, and donors.
Grow your career at one of the most unique sites in Calgary! Calgary Meals on Wheels Production department is looking for a permanent full-time Chef De Partie to support our back of house team. The successful candidate will be a team player, energetic and results oriented, with the ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks. This position works under the direction of the Executive Chef and reports to the Production Manager. By Joining us you will make a difference in combatting food insecurity in Calgary!
Calgary Meals on Wheels is committed to providing a safe and friendly work environment that supports work-life balance – no evenings or weekends. Hours are Monday to Friday, 6:00AM to 2:00PM.
If you’re looking for meaningful employment with a great team, we’d love to hear from you!
What we offer:
- Full benefit package
- RPP matching
- Free parking
- Hot lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays (no cost to staff)
- Early dismissal on long weekends when possible
- Robust social committee to facilitate social interaction and deepen a sense of community.
Qualification and Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with high volume food production, commissary, or banquet background
- Must understand weights and measures (mass & volume)
- Possess good mathematical skills and ability to use a scale accurately
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for food production, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required
- Experience with industrial size equipment
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Clean police clearance and vulnerable sector check
- Must be comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Highly effective teamwork skills
- Red seal or culinary diploma is preferred
Please forward your resume along with cover sheet ASAP. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $46,800.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2C 4S6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Food Production, Commissary or Banquet: 3 years (required)
- • Red seal or culinary diploma (preferred)
Work Location: In person