** SIGNING BONUS - ALL new hires qualify **
** Eligibility for $25,000 CCPN Grant **
FULL - TIME
If you want to make the difference in the lives of older adults, then this is the career opportunity for you. Centennial Place is the leading long-term care home in the region, located just minutes south of Peterborough. Join our team and make a difference!
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Registered Nurse Supervisor directs the care given by department staff while assisting our residents in their activities of daily living, providing skilled care in an empathetic and nurturing manner. As our successful candidate, you will be a dynamic, self-motivated nursing professional interested in providing quality-focused care to older adults in a home-like atmosphere.
- Assist in the development of resident Care Plans and interventions while providing hands-on, clinical nursing care, including medication administration and assisting in the Activities of Daily Living as required
- Direct, supervise, and mentor RPNs & PSWs in the provision of care in a manner that promotes dignity, compassion, and is in adherence to Care Plans
- Ensure clear and appropriate communication occurs across the department, residence, and with families
- Promote positive relationships with staff, physicians, and external care providers to ensure high quality service is provided to residents and resources are utilized with efficiency
- Actively participate in ongoing professional development including in-services, seminars, and conferences as directed
- Valid RN License from Ontario College of Nurses, or eligibility to obtain a permanent or temporary license
- Supervisory experience and prior experience in a retirement or long term care setting preferred but not necessary
- Must be able to work weekends, varied shifts, call-ins, and holidays as assigned
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team
Why Choose Centennial Place?
- Top-quartile waitlist performance
- Early adopter of adult Montessori concepts, with best-in-class restorative care program
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Leading edge health care technology
- Fully accredited, with leading compliance results in the region
- Home-like work environment, with carpeted hallways and no overhead paging systems
- A pacesetter in adopting long-term care Best Practices
- The first in-Home Peritoneal Dialysis program in the region
With operations in both Canada and the U.S. and a 50+ year tradition of quality and customer service, AON is the region’s largest privately owned employer.
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person