The position of a cook/cashier is of great significance to Boogie’s Burgers. A person in this position is responsible to provide strong customer service to all customers and assist them with all transaction for the purchase of goods. This role requires a collaborative working attitude as well as the ability to perform tasks with the utmost concentration and dedication in a safe and efficient manner.
Basic requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide assistance to customers by making available information on products, and their benefits.
- Greet customers as they enter the store premises and also as they step out.
- Ensure that the store is clean and in order at all times.
- Answer phone calls by using proper phone etiquette.
- Operating cash register/point of sale systems.
- Receive food orders from customers & prepare efficiently & accurately.
- Operating kitchen equipment and perform general cleaning/maintenance (equipment includes, but is not limited to: ovens, fryers, coolers, freezers).
- Follow all company and state guidelines regarding food preparation/safety.
- Take time/temperature readings at appropriate times and log as directed by manager.
- Maintain neat and clean appearance in all check out areas as well as areas where food is prepared, sold, and/or stored.
- Keep all merchandise stocked, rotated, and/or date marked.
- Clean inside the store: windows/cooler doors, counters, floors, aisles, and empty trash cans.
- Complete training and attend meetings/workshops/seminars/continuing education appropriate to the position, as assigned and approved by direct supervisor.
- Inform direct supervisor of all relevant departmental issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to be courteous, friendly and positive with all customers, co-workers, visitors, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate teamwork
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Must be able to provide any level of coverage if needed, including nights, weekends, and/or holidays and work extended hours when needed.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Employee must be able to occasionally bend, squat, kneel, climb/balance, pull/push, reach from above shoulder level, and lift from high/low position. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Our Core Values:
- Trust - working to earn TRUST every day, operating with reliability and integrity.
- Service - SERVING others with understanding, respect and care.
- Fun - having FUN building a Positive Team and Family Spirit while removing barriers and letting people do what they do best.
- Safety - Ensuring the SAFETY of our people; doing what’s best to create the safest environment now and for the future.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.26-$19.96 per hour
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
- Signing bonus
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Calgary, AB T2E 3K1 (preferred)
Ability to Relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2E 3K1: Relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person