Job Title: Community Support Worker
Classification: Community Support Worker – Grid 10
Reports To: Program Manager
Assists person(s) with their physical, economic, vocational, recreational, social, emotional and daily life skills development. Assists clients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life possible. This position is open to male and female applicants and requires union membership.
Active Care Youth and Adult Services recognizes the value of enhancing our services through the contributions of a diverse workforce. We strive to grow in our understanding and empowerment of others, and welcome applications that increase our ability to recruit and retain teams that are representative of the communities we serve.
Qualifications: Education, Training & Experience
- Certificate in related human/social service field
- One (1) year of recent related experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Participates in the assessment, goal setting and program planning (Personal Service Plan) for the person being supported
2. Documents, implements, and provides input into the evaluation of the program and suggests changes to the Program Manager
3. Provides life skills training that that aligns with the persons preferences and goals. This may include but is not limited to emotional regulation, alternate behaviours in stressful situations, meal planning & preparation, personal care skills and budgeting
4. Plans, participates in and provides direct support during person-centered activities in alignment with the person’s goals and preferences
5. Recognizes, analyzes, and takes a pro-active approach to potential emergency situations, using crisis intervention training and strategies to ensure no harm comes to the person, staff and/or the public. Reports crisis to supervisor and completes and submits a Critical Incident form.
6. Provides emotional support to person to assist with emotional regulation, de-escalation and/or debriefing an emotional situation.
7. Assists person with activities of daily living such as feeding, lifts, transfers, hygiene, grooming and toileting.
8. Administers, records and stores medications in accordance with established policies and CARF standards.
9. At the direction of the Program Manager, schedules, transports and assists person with medical and dental appointments.
10. Transports and assists person(s) to appointments, shopping, or leisure activities.
11. Performs basic house housekeeping duties such as laundry, sweeping, mopping floors, mowing lawns, inventory, shopping, cleaning equipment and food services.
12. Completes and maintains all required documentation in accordance with established policies.
13. Identifies social, economic, recreational, and educational services in the community that align with the person(s) preferences and service plan.
14. At the direction of the Program Manager, liaison with other agencies, professionals, government officials and the community.
15. Performs other related duties as required
Active Care Youth and Adult Services recognizes the importance of effecting change and fostering a culture of accessibility and inclusion. Accommodations for interviews are available upon request by emailing Recruitment at [email protected].
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.05 per hour
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you live in Terrace, British Columbia or are you looking to relocate to Terrace, British Columbia
- Support Care: 2 years (preferred)
- Human Service: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 5 Driver's License (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person