The Client Intake Manager is a leader within the organization who builds a welcoming, respectful, and helpful experience for our clients while providing supports to assist them in addressing their food insecurity. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Client Intake Manager takes a hands-on approach to delivering Client Care services as well as Pantry Program operations.
- Complete intakes via phone and in person including recording client information and completing paperwork.
- Book appointments and provide relevant referrals.
- Oversee the distribution of hampers and Pantry Program items to clients (includes some lifting).
- Provide input into annual operational planning and budget activities for Client Care and the Pantry Program.
- Build distribution schedule and ensure hampers and Pantry Program items are distributed efficiently.
- Develop and maintain information to support and enhance the Food Banks work by capturing client data and identifying community trends.
- Oversee creation of Food Banks Canada Annual Hunger Count Report for review before submission.
- Provide supervision and support to Client Care and Pantry Program staff and volunteers, overseeing scheduling and providing training.
- Act as community advocate by attending meetings with community partners and working to increase access to community supports by researching and building collaborations.
- Support the organization as part of a team in responding to emergencies and urgent issues.
- Support the work of special projects and other operational priorities as needed.
Qualifications / Skills
The ideal candidate is compassionate with a positive and empathetic approach and who understands how to set appropriate professional boundaries. they will come with:
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Related Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel) and working knowledge of database input and reporting.
- Knowledge of local supports and social services.
- Detail oriented, organized and can effectively manage multiple priorities at one time.
Working conditions: This role works Monday to Friday full time with the need for occasional evening or weekend work.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Work Location: In person