Site Supervisor - Remote Projects, BC
The site Supervisor is responsible for creating and monitoring project momentum in conjunction with the predetermined schedule agreed with the senior construction team.
Responsibility for onsite quality control, safety, and delegating work as required to the direct construction labour force and any applicable sub-contractors. This role is an essential part of the project team and demands a dynamic site leader who can manage people just as effectively as construction activities. Reporting directly to the Senior Construction Team who oversees the performance of all our projects.
Tasu Construction Ltd. (formerly Landsea) oversees several construction projects at any given time with our core focus being modular construction in the workforce accommodation industry. The Site Supervisor would be the key onsite person, responsible for managing construction and commissioning of modular housing projects located in British Columbia.
As this role is remote based, rotation is negotiable with the following options in mind:
- 2 weeks on/ 1 week off
- 3 weeks on/ 1 week off
Salary may vary depending on the agreed upon work roster.
- Lead a construction team composed of internal staff and external contractors.
- Review on site documents and drawings for accuracy and constructability.
- Maintain solid documentation and complete daily site reports.
- Review sub-contractor performance in relation to the agreed scope, with knowledge and skillset to oversee plumbing, carpentry, electrical and specialised trade scopes.
- Working with sub-contractors conduct daily reviews of work in progress to ensure the applicable standards are being met including any agreed discrepancies that are identified.
- Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work schedule for assigned project work. Reviews daily work schedule with direct reports and updates weekly schedule from project feedback.
- Order materials, arrange equipment and review manpower requirements.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment for all personnel on site, monitor safety performance.
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties
- Maintain Tasu's professional image and keep a clean and organized job site and site office.
- Active involvement during the pre-construction phase to assist with design, budget & schedule development.
- 5+ years of construction supervision experience.
- 3+ years of modular or camp construction.
- Knowledge of provincial Building Code, WorkSafe BC and Construction Safety Policies.
- Experience in Industrial Camp or Modular Construction is highly desirable.
- Pre-access 8 panel D&A with breath alcohol.
- Pass an industry related physical fitness test.
- Be eligible to legally work in Canada.
- Valid Driver's License with a clean driver's abstract.
- Have the following certifications:
- CSTS- Construction Safety Training System
- First Aid Level One
- H2S Alive
- Fall Protection
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to handle pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines, and maintain efficiency.
- Trade background with progressive experience in General Contracting.
- Demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, people management, project execution, cost control, quality, and administration.
Wage: based on experience
Start Date: mid-October 2023