Zenterra is growing again! We are looking for a Construction Manager. But we’ve never been interested in merely offering jobs; that is not what made us award-winning. Instead, we offer the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful. Looking for a challenge? We are building over 2500 homes in the next 5 years in Surrey and Langley alone. This is a golden opportunity to join an established developer that is about to scale. Sound appealing?
Please apply through www.zenterra.ca
Our employees are empowered to make decisions and participate in creative ways; this way of thinking contributes to the reason we’ve won 21 awards including 2 national awards. We don’t believe in just one way of thinking and this philosophy over the years has fostered confidence and trust within our teams. We never fail to take responsibility for our actions either. At Zenterra, we value inclusivity and honest communication. We don’t shy away from difficult conversations, whether you have something to say, or we have something to say.
We enable our employees to take charge of their careers and provide them with the opportunity to do the kind of work that amounts to something meaningful. After all, your growth means we grow too. You can expect to learn about things beyond your chosen focus.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Ultimately responsible for the on time, on budget, delivery of the assigned projects for the entire project life cycle
- Responsible for project planning including establishing project objectives, policies, procedures, performance standards, risk analysis, quality control, project communication and flow of information
- Effectively communicate with external and internal partners and team members to design, value engineer and negotiate construction contracts to meet timely delivery of the project
- Responsible for tendering, analysis, negotiation, scope definition and contract design for all project procurement
- Manage project resources, internal staff, external sub-contractors, and suppliers to accomplish the business objectives
- Ensure timely recognition of potential issues, thoroughly investigates cause/effect, and assesses key factors
- Cultivate and maintain your existing relationships with industry consultants, municipal contacts and trades
WHAT YOU HAVE
- The ability to drive results and execute on budgets and schedules
- A combination of training and experience will be considered, degree or diploma in Applied Science, Construction Management or Business, or other professional certification
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience managing all phases of designing and construction of multi-family residential projects in wood frame construction
- The ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, trades and consultants
- Knowledge of construction contracts and construction law
- Strong computer skills and should be adept with MS Office, ProCore, and BlueBeam
HOW WE BUILD
We never cut corners. Not once in the 20+ years we’ve been in business. That’s mainly because we approach each and every project with purpose, focus, integrity and fluidity.
All under one roof.
We bring a full in-house team to maintain complete control of every project — experts in land acquisition, land development, project management, construction, design, marketing, sales, and customer service.
We raise the roof. So to speak.
We adhere to a very high level of excellence. Our philosophy is to provide the highest possible level of care and attention across the complete home building (and buying) journey.
To apply go to Zenterra.ca
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies.
Note: Applicants are advised that it is a condition of employment with Zenterra that a successful candidate provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is not required as part of the recruitment process but will be required upon consideration for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00-$160,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person