Our clinic is a busy primary care clinic located in downtown Vancouver. We are seeking applications for a part-time MOA to join our team (potential to become a full-time position).
To support the Clinic doctors in clinic operations and in delivering patient care. All work should be delivered to the standards and following the procedures established in the Clinic or as otherwise requested by the Clinic doctors.
- Coordinates patient care through the Clinic –checking in, prepping, escorting to exam rooms, and preparing exam or treatment rooms for the next patient.
- Answers enquiries by phone and in person in a helpful, respectful and efficient manner.
- Operates fax machines.
- Maintains appointment schedule and manages recalls.
- Maintains electronic medical record, including the patient chart.
- Ensures exam rooms are stocked appropriately and ensures that they are ready for next patient.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Cleans and sterilizes materials and instruments.
- Performs patient prep procedures and documents findings on the patient record.
- Performs billing procedures for multiple payers (MSP, ICBC, WCB, etc.) and applies and collects non-insured fees where applicable.
- Orders and receives kitchen, office and medical supplies.
- Performs all other related clinical, administrative tasks or special tasks as required.
General Skills and Abilities:
- Works well in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with a computer including using the internet, the electronic medical record and MS Office software.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Can solve problems.
- Has good judgment.
Clinical Skills and Abilities:
- Operate and apply the manual and automatic blood pressure monitor.
- Prepare patients and set up exam rooms for complete physicals, including pap set up.
- Prep child patients for the well child exam.
- Accurately measure patient height and weights (including infants).
- Operate the autoclave.
- Perform and record result for various lab tests done at the clinic such as urinalysis and occult stool tests.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certificate.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract, Casual
Part-time hours: 16-24 per week
Salary: $17.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
All patients are still required to wear a mask in clinic space.
PPE is provided at work to ensure safety of staffs.
Work Location: In person