RME IS CURRENTLY OFFERING SIGNING BONUSES FOR SERVICE TECHNICIANS!
JOB TITLE: Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician
POSITION TYPE: Permanent – Full Time
BRANCH: Steinbach MB
REPORTING TO: Service Sales Manager
The Canadian agriculture industry is growing, and you could be part of the momentum with Rocky Mountain Equipment (RME). The largest independent dealer of Case IH and Case Construction equipment in Canada, RME consists of 43 construction and agricultural equipment branches across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Our commitment of doing Right by You empowers us to provide a consistent, reliable and safe experience to all our customers and build long-lasting relationships with the greater community.
As a Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician, your opportunity for growth and advancement is made more accessible with various options for training, tuition reimbursement and tool allowances. Gain experience and understanding to go further and get your journey person papers and expand your potential. As part of the Service team, you will be an integral part of ensuring parts and machinery are properly functioning—an essential detail in keeping the business running.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Recondition and repair all equipment components and systems as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies, and outside purchases in repairs.
- Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Communicate with others internally and externally in a professional manner.
- Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs.
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe condition.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Champion safe work practice in all aspects of daily activity and task assignment.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety standard as the company is committed to the protection and wellness of its employees.
- Complete RME safety expectations and reporting in a timely fashion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications Include:
- Must be fluent in the English language.
- Experience working on CASE IH agriculture or construction equipment an asset.
- Strong diagnostic and technical troubleshooting skill.
- Understanding of health and safety best practices.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Ability to interpret technical documentation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with flexible plans to suit your needs, along with a Group Retirement Plan. We are committed to empowering and investing in our employees to build and maintain relationships with the communities and businesses we serve, which is why we offer competitive wages across all positions and family health days—six paid personal days for all employees each year.
Please note: Signing Bonuses are based on experience and education. Apply today for more details!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$48.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Steinbach, MB: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (preferred)
- Agriculture/Heavy mechanic: 4 years (preferred)
- Journeyman (preferred)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person