For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
As a Technician for our Histology team in Sherbrooke (QC), you will be responsible to prepare tissues for microscopic analysis.
In this role, key responsibilities include:
- Perform technical procedures used in Histology for all species and routine histology.
- Perform routine tissue process to produce microscopic slides (cutting tissue, using tissue processor, embedding, microtome cutting and grinding, checking slide quality).
If you possess the following qualifications, we will train you in the rest:
- DEC in Medical Laboratory, Animal Health, Inventory and Research in Biology or other DEC in science or a B.Sc. in Biology.
- Understanding and writing English is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
Role Specific information:
- Location: easily accessible using Sherbrooke’s public transit system. Free parking. Electric vehicle charging station.
- Pay: Starting at 19.50$/hrs. Opportunity to start at higher level and higher salary with specific experience.
- Schedule: Full time, permanent position (37.5 hours/week), depending on the needs, you may have to do overtime. Schedule Monday to Friday – Day shift.
Why Charles River?
- 3 weeks’ vacation & Personal days.
- Competitive benefits as of the hiring. We pay up to 90% of premiums (health & dental coverage).
- Access to a savings and retirement program that includes an employer contribution.
- Excellent welcome program for new employees as well as in-house advancement and career development opportunities.
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals (telemedicine).
- Free gym on site.
If you want to contribute to the wellbeing of our communities across the country and around the world, join our team. IT’S YOUR MOMENT!
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.