POSITION TITLE: All Levels Auto Body Technician
At Western Star Trucks North, we believe truck drivers are essential in keeping our world moving - it’s why we’ve dedicated our business to helping others succeed.
We are a full-service heavy-duty truck dealership, offering new truck sales, parts, service, and body shop work. What started out as a family-owned and operated business all the way back in 1987 has now grown to a group of companies with dealerships with 3 main cities in Northern Alberta.
We believe in building relationships with our customers and getting to know their unique needs. We’re big on communication, keeping our customers and co-workers in the loop every step of the way. And finally, we give a damn. We want our customers to know we care about them and their truck, every step of the way.
Western Star Trucks (North) Ltd. believes in hiring and retaining the best by offering a positive open work environment, Competitive Compensation, Full Benefits including RRSP/TFSA Matching. Opportunities for career development. Fun and inclusive culture!
Auto body technicians repair and replace damaged motor vehicle, recreational, heavy duty truck structures and body parts, and interior and exterior finishes. Body technicians may specialize in damage appraisal, frame straightening, surface preparation, sheet metal work, and refinishing. They are responsible for the restoration of anti-corrosion treatments, substrate identification, surface preparation, undercoat product mixing and application. Involved throughout the collision repair process, often beginning with the application of anti-corrosion compounds while the vehicle is still mounted on the frame repair equipment. Applying undercoat products in the correct sequence, ensuring chemical compatibility, adhesion and durability. They also remove and install bolt-on components such as hoods, deck lids, fenders, trim, doors, glass and interior components. Perform substrate preparation mechanically or chemically as required by the job conditions.
KEY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
· Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
· Remove and Replace all damaged sections of a vehicle body
· Mechanical repairs and replacement to cooling, steering systems
· Diagnose and repair electrical and HVAC systems
· Windshield and glass replacement
· Welding sheet metal, aluminum and steel
· RV Repairs, Dent repairs and sheet metal repair
· Notifies management of any additional repairs needed
· Reports any deviations to management.
· Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
· Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
· Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials.
· Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
· Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner
· repair and/or replace interior and exterior components such as instrument panels, seat frame assemblies, carpets and floorboard insulation, trim panels and mouldings.
· replace accident damage components in restraint systems.
· inspect vehicles for dimensional accuracy, ensure proper alignment.
· Required to complete training and keeping it up to date
· Registered apprentice or Journeyman certificate
· Able to read, write and speak in English
· Computer skills
· Drivers License, Class 1 or 3 preferred
· Knowledge of welding sheet metal structures considered an asset
· Knowledge of assemble and disassembly process is considered an asset
· Knowledge of Heavy Truck rig up considered an asset
· Must have own tools
· Ability to maintain a clean and efficient workspace
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Ability to work safely always
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person