A Canadian Independent Controls Integrator with over twenty five years of Building Automation and Electrical experience is currently seeking an experienced BAS Estimator to serve our expanding Canadian client base.
We are currently looking to fill positions on our estimating team. We are looking for candidates that can work in our office located in Ottawa, ON.
The successful candidate must be able to apply their estimating skills to Building Automation projects while collaborating with other team members to deliver superior proposals.
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in estimating Building Automation Systems. Preference will be given to candidates that have experience estimating using Tridium Niagara products. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge in the majority of the following:
· Review mechanical drawings and specifications to determine scope of work for a building automation system and low voltage wiring
· Review electrical drawings and specifications to determine scope of work
· Analyze engineering design drawings to evaluate control systems
· Understand the system architecture and products of building automation systems
· Create quotes based on building automation controllers and products
· Assemble detailed and accurate high quality take offs and cost estimates
· Prepare lead letters, proposals, and project quotations
· Understand contractual terms, conditions, and obligations
· Meet deadlines in a timely fashion
· Work effectively under pressure without impacting quality of work
· Liaise, consult and communicate with contractors, suppliers and engineers/consultants
· Complete competitive analysis to be able to close tenders effectively and accurately
· Adept at identifying missing information in specification packages
· Participate in training sessions hosted by industry partners
· Travel to project site locations as required
· Positive attitude and desire to learn
· Uncompromising attention to detail and accuracy
· Self-motivated with capacity to work independently
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking
· Capable of following procedures
· Highly organized
· Ability to handle complex projects and prioritize tasks effectively
· Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
· Knowledge in M&E engineering, high voltage systems, HVAC, and related control systems
· Comfortable working with computer software
We offer the successful candidates a competitive salary, benefits package, RRSP and profit sharing and every opportunity for career advancement.
If this opportunity is of interests to you, please forward a copy of your resume to us at your earliest convenience to discuss the opportunity further.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gloucester, ON K1J 9J8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- BAS estimating: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person